From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2022 12:35 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS and tabs on google Chrome

Is there a tutorial on how to use tabs with JAWS. I am having a problem and I am not sure what I am doing to cause the problem. I can be in one tab and navigating through the web page and suddenly I am in a different tab.Or back in the address bar and can't get out of it.

KeyCorp Public

KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. prohibits the use of texts or other unapproved messaging applications for business purposes.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Kestrel Verlager <kestrell@...>

Have you tried using F6 to cycle back to the main part of the webpage where you want to be?

Kestrell

My guess, as this happens to me, is that tabbing not only moves you through elements on a webpage, but also moves to the address bar, the section on the toolbar where all your open tabs are listed, and at least one other browser navigation thing, depending on your browser and settings.   Drives me crazy and I’d love to know if there is a way to stop it, but I havent’ found it in any modern browser.  I tend to use tab, since I don’t always know if what I’m looking for is a button or link, but tab goes right on past the last element on a webpage and lands  on those browser navigation buttons.

Is there a tutorial on how to use tabs with JAWS. I am having a problem and I am not sure what I am doing to cause the problem. I can be in one tab and navigating through the web page and suddenly I am in a different tab.Or back in the address bar and can't get out of it.

KeyCorp Public

KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. prohibits the use of texts or other unapproved messaging applications for business purposes.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Van Lant, Robin

I do use this.  Still wish that tabbing didn’t’ take you out of the webpage, especially since the F6 navigation exists.

Robin

[...]

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

Regarding getting back to the main page expeditiously these days, I typically know I am on the main page if I press the Number Pad Plus key. If I hear Virtual Cursor, I know I am on the main page. If I think I am not on the main page, I press F6 and then Plus to verify.

Most of the time, this approach has worked for me.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

[...]

Marten Post Uiterweer

Hi,

In Edge or Chrome you now have a handy shortcut to activate the webpage
so the virtual mode is active again.
Press ctrl-f6. Thjis was working in internet explorer and it is finally
working in Edge and Chrome too.
You don't have to press f6 until you are in the webpage again.

Kind regards, Marten

On Mon, 13 Jun 2022 08:38:32 -0600 "Curtis Chong" <chong.curtis@...> wrote:

Greetings:

Regarding getting back to the main page expeditiously these days, I
typically know I am on the main page if I press the Number Pad Plus key. If
I hear Virtual Cursor, I know I am on the main page. If I think I am not on
the main page, I press F6 and then Plus to verify.

Most of the time, this approach has worked for me.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before
clicking links or opening attachments.

Is there a tutorial on how to use tabs with JAWS. I am having a problem and
I am not sure what I am doing to cause the problem. I can be in one tab and
navigating through the web page and suddenly I am in a different tab.Or back
in the address bar and can't get out of it.

KeyCorp Public

KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. prohibits the use of texts or other unapproved
messaging applications for business purposes.

It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and
destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer,
solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or
sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as
investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price,
indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein
is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change
without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for
its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of
the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative
employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member
FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association ("KeyBank
N.A."). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital
Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails'
in the SUBJECT line.

Curtis Chong

This is indeed true. It's about time!

Also, I find that if I want to get all of my pages closed and shut down the
browser, Control Shift W does the trick. This works in both Chrome and Edge.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

[...]

Mike Pietruk

I think that part of the problem, and I'm guilty of it, is that we don't
close browsers completely very often.
Is there a quick way, with Chrome and Edge, to cancel anything and
everything that is open.
Truthfully, I don't need as much open as often I have; and it can and does
problems on occasion.
I can always go back to things with history which to me is probably more
valuable then open tabs.

Curtis Chong

Yes! That would Control Shift W.

I think that part of the problem, and I'm guilty of it, is that we don't
close browsers completely very often.
Is there a quick way, with Chrome and Edge, to cancel anything and
everything that is open.
Truthfully, I don't need as much open as often I have; and it can and does
problems on occasion.
I can always go back to things with history which to me is probably more
valuable then open tabs.

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

Not only does Control F6 work to get you back to the page in Chrome and
Edge, it also now works in the latest version of Firefox.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

[...]

Thank you, Martin! Didn't know about that in IE and definitely glad to have it now. I've already started using it.

[...]

services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails'
in the SUBJECT line.