Topics

moderated Jaws and synthesizers

Boston, Jason W

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is  a way to make Jaws only send output to the right or left audio channel? If not jaws, can this be done to one of the synthesizers that come with Jaws?

Thanks,

Jason

David Griffith

As far as I know this is not possible through one sound card audio
settings although there may be mixer software that I am not aware of.
When I did some work for the RNIB years ago to solve this they provided a
hardware kit, a splitter box which forced Jaws through one channel and
allowed you to hear another sound input such as a telephone line through
the other channel of a headset/microphone setup. This was quite efficient
and I believe that this kit can still be purchased.
Jaws can be used with multiple sound cards, perhaps a USB as well as an on
board sound card. In theory you could have 2 sound cards and using a
splitter box force Jaws output into one channel and another card through the
secondary channel with such a kit. Of course As a much cheaper Heath
Robinson solution is to simply use 2 sets of tin ear earphones coming from 2
installed sound cards and simply put one earphone from each card in each ear
to hear the output from both cards at once.

David Griffith.