Topics

moderated Jaws And Openbook

Pastor Gil Pries

I’’ve tried the jaws ocr and the Openbook methods of scanning.

I found Openbook to be faster and so I like it better.

Pastor Gil

Pastor Gil Pries

Hello,

I have Openbook set to open in exact view.

Are there any other settings I need to set?

Thanks,

Pastor Gil

Barbara Sheinbein

Hi Pastor Gil,

There are not many items which are required, but there can be preferences.  I like the page orientation announced on each scan.  It is unchecked by default.  It can be checked in the settings menu, Workflow menu in the modify workflow field.  You have probably already set things like voices and speech rate.  You may want to be sure that the work flow you want is set in the Acquire menu.  I have scan and read checked, but I have used image only when I am sharing a document with a sighted person.  It will appear better for them with the default formatting they are used to viewing.  Smile.

Other than those things, I do not think I modify much.  Back to personal preference.

Barbara

I have Openbook set to open in exact view.

Are there any other settings I need to set?

Thanks,

Pastor Gil

Pastor Gil Pries

Hi Barbara,