Topics

JAWS and iCloud #advisory

Marty Hutchings

I am running JAWS 18 with Windows 7.  When I installed iTunes, iCloud also installed.  I didn't think much of it as I was not planning to use it, but it always wants to update and I finally decided to investigate it and found that it is not accessible using JAWS.  My question is, Why?  iTunes seems to be accessible.  Am I missing something here?

Jessica D

Hello,
Our use jaws 2019, and it seems to work well with that. In order to use jaws 2019, you have to have windows 10. I'm not sure, but I think windows eight and 8.1 will also work.

Sent from my Apple Watch

On Dec 3, 2018, at 11:52 PM, Marty Hutchings <mhutchings@...> wrote:

I am running JAWS 18 with Windows 7.  When I installed iTunes, iCloud also installed.  I didn't think much of it as I was not planning to use it, but it always wants to update and I finally decided to investigate it and found that it is not accessible using JAWS.  My question is, Why?  iTunes seems to be accessible.  Am I missing something here?

Bill White

Hi, Jessica. I have friends who still use Windows 7, and they are using JAWS 2019. If Windows 7 is still compatible with JAWS 2019, then it follows that Windows 8 would be compatible as well.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Our use jaws 2019, and it seems to work well with that. In order to use jaws 2019, you have to have windows 10. I'm not sure, but I think windows eight and 8.1 will also work.

Sent from my Apple Watch

On Dec 3, 2018, at 11:52 PM, Marty Hutchings <mhutchings@...> wrote:

I am running JAWS 18 with Windows 7.  When I installed iTunes, iCloud also installed.  I didn't think much of it as I was not planning to use it, but it always wants to update and I finally decided to investigate it and found that it is not accessible using JAWS.  My question is, Why?  iTunes seems to be accessible.  Am I missing something here?

Alan Robbins

in later versions, it is only accessible if you are using the torch cursor which is only available in windows 10 I believe. Our use it all the time and once I learned this it was fine but without the touch cursor it is totally inaccessible

On Dec 3, 2018, at 11:52 PM, Marty Hutchings <mhutchings@...> wrote:

I am running JAWS 18 with Windows 7.  When I installed iTunes, iCloud also installed.  I didn't think much of it as I was not planning to use it, but it always wants to update and I finally decided to investigate it and found that it is not accessible using JAWS.  My question is, Why?  iTunes seems to be accessible.  Am I missing something here?

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Good morning all,

Could someone please refresh my memory; how would I activate the touch cursor?

Running J 18, W7

Michael D. Ulrich

Just an ordinary average blind guy!

“Providing Insight for Blindness”

Florida Council of the Blind

Fundraising Committee Member

Home Phone: 239-540-7431

Cell phone: 239-565-5845

in later versions, it is only accessible if you are using the torch cursor which is only available in windows 10 I believe. Our use it all the time and once I learned this it was fine but without the touch cursor it is totally inaccessible

On Dec 3, 2018, at 11:52 PM, Marty Hutchings <mhutchings@...> wrote:

I am running JAWS 18 with Windows 7.  When I installed iTunes, iCloud also installed.  I didn't think much of it as I was not planning to use it, but it always wants to update and I finally decided to investigate it and found that it is not accessible using JAWS.  My question is, Why?  iTunes seems to be accessible.  Am I missing something here?

Debby Hill

Hi Mike,

To start using the touch cursor it is shift plus pc-cursor. To turn it off it is pc-cursor twice.

Debby

On Dec 4, 2018, at 6:16 AM, Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...> wrote:

[...]

Debby,  I turned on the touch curser with Shift+PC Curser, but I guess that I don’t understand what the use is for the Touch Curser, because I did not hear anything except some funny little bumping sounds.  I could not get the PC Curser to come back on by just pressing the PC Curser key twice as instructed.  I got the PC Curser back by pressing the JAWS Curser key twice and I heard the Invisible Curser come on and then I pressed the PC Curser key once and got my PC Curser back.  This was after some other experamenting with key combinations and a bit of anxiety until I got it back.

Love in Christ
Marty