Topics

JAWS and iCloud #advisory

Marty Hutchings

I am running JAWS 18 with Windows 7.  When I installed iTunes, iCloud also installed.  I didn't think much of it as I was not planning to use it, but it always wants to update and I finally decided to investigate it and found that it is not accessible using JAWS.  My question is, Why?  iTunes seems to be accessible.  Am I missing something here?

Jessica D

Hello,
Our use jaws 2019, and it seems to work well with that. In order to use jaws 2019, you have to have windows 10. I'm not sure, but I think windows eight and 8.1 will also work.

Sent from my Apple Watch

On Dec 3, 2018, at 11:52 PM, Marty Hutchings <mhutchings@...> wrote:

I am running JAWS 18 with Windows 7.  When I installed iTunes, iCloud also installed.  I didn't think much of it as I was not planning to use it, but it always wants to update and I finally decided to investigate it and found that it is not accessible using JAWS.  My question is, Why?  iTunes seems to be accessible.  Am I missing something here?

Bill White

Hi, Jessica. I have friends who still use Windows 7, and they are using JAWS 2019. If Windows 7 is still compatible with JAWS 2019, then it follows that Windows 8 would be compatible as well.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: Monday, December 3, 2018 8:55 PM
To: Marty Hutchings; main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS and iCloud #advisory #advisory

Hello,
Our use jaws 2019, and it seems to work well with that. In order to use jaws 2019, you have to have windows 10. I'm not sure, but I think windows eight and 8.1 will also work.

Sent from my Apple Watch

Alan Robbins

in later versions, it is only accessible if you are using the torch cursor which is only available in windows 10 I believe. Our use it all the time and once I learned this it was fine but without the touch cursor it is totally inaccessible

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Good morning all,

Could someone please refresh my memory; how would I activate the touch cursor?

Running J 18, W7

Michael D. Ulrich

Just an ordinary average blind guy!

“Providing Insight for Blindness”

Florida Council of the Blind

Fundraising Committee Member

Home Phone: 239-540-7431

Cell phone: 239-565-5845

Email: mulrich@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 5:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

in later versions, it is only accessible if you are using the torch cursor which is only available in windows 10 I believe. Our use it all the time and once I learned this it was fine but without the touch cursor it is totally inaccessible

Debby Hill

Hi Mike,

To start using the touch cursor it is shift plus pc-cursor. To turn it off it is pc-cursor twice. 

Debby

On Dec 4, 2018, at 6:16 AM, Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...> wrote:

Good morning all,

Running J 18, W7

Michael D. Ulrich

Marty Hutchings

Debby,  I turned on the touch curser with Shift+PC Curser, but I guess that I don’t understand what the use is for the Touch Curser, because I did not hear anything except some funny little bumping sounds.  I could not get the PC Curser to come back on by just pressing the PC Curser key twice as instructed.  I got the PC Curser back by pressing the JAWS Curser key twice and I heard the Invisible Curser come on and then I pressed the PC Curser key once and got my PC Curser back.  This was after some other experamenting with key combinations and a bit of anxiety until I got it back.

Love in Christ
Marty

Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 5:28 AM

Hi Mike,

To start using the touch cursor it is shift plus pc-cursor. To turn it off it is pc-cursor twice.

Debby

On Dec 4, 2018, at 6:16 AM, Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...> wrote:

Good morning all,

Running J 18, W7

Michael D. Ulrich