Topics

moderated JAWS and google apps problems

Mark Muscat Bigpond <mmuscat@...>

Hello all,

I am working with someone who has the following computer and problems with their access to both Google slides and Google sheets, just want to know if anyone has experienced this and if so, how they have been able to rectify the problems.

The computer is a Lenovo laptop with I5 processor, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 version 1909.

Fusion 2021. They are using both chrome version 87 and the latest Microsoft Edge with Chromium engine.

Problem:

When accessing slides and going to the text boxes, the arrow keys do not provide verbal feedback. When typing in characters, JAWS reports what is being entered.

Problem with sheets is when pressing the alt+F to bring up the menu bar, then pressing the right arrow, JAWS looses the focus and ends back on the spreadsheet.

This has happened over the last couple of months including when fusion 2020 was being used.

Any thoughts or suggestions as this appears to happen on all browsers being used?

Many thanks and regards

Mark Muscat

Chris Hill

I have never used slides, but I can't recreate your sheets problem with jaws on the latest windows version.  I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but it is long past time to update that windows.