From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michelle's Home
Emails
Sent: Friday, July 3, 2020 3:08 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: jaws and elbraille

hi list,

Michelle Stevens here,

Can anyone tell me where I can get aemail list for elbraille users. I have a
brand new elbraille for my work. Am quite lost at the moment.

Is there anyone who would be prepared to help me toget started.

I have read the getting started guide, have installed Jaws pro 2020 and
connected to my wifi. Am trying to remember the new shortcut keys.

Much appreciated.

Michelle

Mario

elbraille+subscribe@groups.io

Can anyone tell me where I can get aemail list for elbraille users. I have a brand new elbraille for my work. Am quite lost at the moment.

Is there anyone who would be prepared to help me toget started.

I have read the getting started guide, have installed Jaws pro 2020 and connected to my wifi. Am trying to remember the new shortcut keys.

Much appreciated.

Michelle

.

Randy Meyer

Michelle:

I own and have used an ElBraille for two years. The best tips I can give
you are:

Use the focus Braille display manual to help you learn the commands.

Plug a standard USB keyboard into your ElBraille to help you get through the
learning curve. I haven't needed this for over a year, but it was helpful
at the beginning.

Make sure you set your Braille settings in Jaws to how you want them. I use
grade 2 UEB and adjusted other settings to my liking.

I installed MS office and use it for all my note taking. I did not find the
special software installed on the machine to be very helpful.

If you have the new faster ElBraille, I really envy you. I like my
ElBraille, but the first generation ElBraille is on the slow side.

If you want to email or talk privately off list, just let me know.

Randy Meyer

Can anyone tell me where I can get aemail list for elbraille users. I have a
brand new elbraille for my work. Am quite lost at the moment.

Is there anyone who would be prepared to help me toget started.

I have read the getting started guide, have installed Jaws pro 2020 and
connected to my wifi. Am trying to remember the new shortcut keys.

Much appreciated.

Michelle

Michelle's Home Emails

hi Randy and everyone,

Thank you so much for responding to my request.

I have sent off a subscription request to Elbraille list.

Not sure if it makes a difference I reside in Australia, any assistance will be most appreciated.

I was wondering if I should wack in a andb keyboard to get me going? Will go down to kmart or Jb-hifi or Good guys. When my support worker comes next week.

Speak soon
Michelle Stevens.