From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gezim Rexha
Sent: May 1, 2021 2:54 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: JAWS and calculator

Hi all,

I understand this question is too simple for you all, but I would need instructions how to use calculator with JAWS for simple calculations. I am using latest JAWS and Windows 10.

Cheers,

Gezim

You simply type whatever it is you want to calculate, e.g. 123*12, press enter and the result, 1476, is spoken.

You can also add a percentage to a figure, say you have a 7% sales tax where you live and you buy something for $32.50 and you want to know how much it is with the tax added.

Just type 32.5+7%, as soon as you type the % symbol which is Shift + 5 on the number row, you hear 2.275 which is what 7% on $32.50 is, then press enter and you hear the final result, 34.775

It really is pretty simple, use the standard symbols like + - * and / to add, subtract, multiply or divide, enter always gives you the result and escape clears what you just typed.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Richard Turner

Thanks for posting this.

I went and turned it into a Word docx file with a table.
As well as an Excel spreadsheet because I prefer to have this kind of information in a file.
You can grab them both in a zip file from my web site. The heading level 2, toward the bottom of my page is creatively titled, Win 10 Calculator keyboard commands.
www.turner42.com

Richard
- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

I understand this question is too simple for you all, but I would need
instructions how to use calculator with JAWS for simple calculations.
I am using latest JAWS and Windows 10.

Cheers,
Gezim

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Mario

thanks for doing this.

I understand this question is too simple for you all, but I would need
instructions how to use calculator with JAWS for simple calculations.
I am using latest JAWS and Windows 10.

Cheers,
Gezim

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

.

Gezim Rexha

Yes. I simply want to add numbers and get the amount.

Are you using the Windows calculator? If so, what exactly are you wanting to do?

I understand this question is too simple for you all, but I would need instructions how to use calculator with JAWS for simple calculations. I am using latest JAWS and Windows 10.

Cheers,

Gezim

Madison Martin

Just type each number and after each number use the keystroke shift equals for the plus sign. Once you’ve added together all of the numbers just hit enter and you’ll hear the answer.

Yes. I simply want to add numbers and get the amount.

Are you using the Windows calculator? If so, what exactly are you wanting to do?

I understand this question is too simple for you all, but I would need instructions how to use calculator with JAWS for simple calculations. I am using latest JAWS and Windows 10.

Cheers,

Gezim

Gezim Rexha

Thank you. Should I type numbers and the key stroke shift equals without space?