Topics

moderated Jaws 2021 question/problem

Madison Martin

Hi all,
I upgraded to Jaws 2021 almost 2 weeks ago now and I have a problem that I've
noticed. When I go to my favourites list in Edge, or when I go into contacts in
Outlook, or start a new message in Outlook type a letter and then do ctrl k to
bring up a list of addresses starting with that letter, Jaws will only read a
few items and then stop speaking. When this happens in favourites I have to alt
tab to something else and then alt tab back and then Jaws will start reading
again, but then stops speaking again after reading a few more items. When this
happens in Outlook I have to go to the bottom of the list of addresses starting
with that letter or the end of my contacts and then arrow up and Jaws will read
a few more and then stop speaking again. Now when I upgraded I was asked if I
wanted to import settings or something like that and I said yes, though I don't
recall having any settings set that have anything to do with this. So I'm
wondering, is this an issue with Jaws 2021, or is there some setting or
something that I can change so that Jaws will stop doing this? I'm just glad
that my Braille display works when this happens. Now, I know some of you might
suggest switching to an earlier version of Jaws, but I do these things on a
daily basis, and besides I don't have any earlier versions of Jaws on this
computer as I uninstalled 2018 after I upgraded. Running Jaws 2021, Outlook
2013, the latest Edge and Windows 10 2004. Thanks for any help/suggestions
anyone can provide!!!!!
Madison

[...]

Ron Pelletier

Hi Madison,

It is a problem in JAWS 2021 which was there in 2020 also and was not fixed.
I wonder when they will fix it, hopefully In the next update.

Ron & Danvers

[...]

Richard Turner

Has anyone contacted FS support about this issue?
It won't get fixed if folks don't contact them directly.

I don't have so many people in my contacts that I need this feature, but if you do, providing direct feedback would help.

Richard, in the U.S.

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

* I'm not the card shark
* My web site, www.turner42.com
*

[...]

So how do I report this issue? Can I still do so even though I live in Canada? I
hope that anyone else who's experiencing this will report it to them as well...

Has anyone contacted FS support about this issue?
It won't get fixed if folks don't contact them directly.

I don't have so many people in my contacts that I need this feature, but if you
do, providing direct feedback would help.

Richard, in the U.S.

"You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon
airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep
space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was
young."
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

* I'm not the card shark
* My web site, www.turner42.com
*
[...]

Any Jaws user, anywhere in the world can report things by writing to support@freedomscientific.com
Now, there may be a separate email address from Canada or other countries, I do not know, but I'm sure they will let you know if that is the case.

Richard, in the U.S.

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

* I'm not the card shark
* My web site, www.turner42.com
*

* My web site, https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner42.com%2F&;amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cc9b484af52204f53e3e108d8ab73966f%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637447860215742993%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=kvk6tp1cTjwLjNPqaJccWu03vI3nW6wmujk%2BjyR3j0M%3D&amp;reserved=0
*
[...]

So I just describe the issue to them?

[...]

That is what I would do.

Richard, in the U.S.

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

* I'm not the card shark
* My web site, www.turner42.com
*

* My web site, https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner42.com%2F&;amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cf07f791cfc654d0fa56008d8ab745b12%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637447863522206789%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=2erj0c16BIuIDD0kzv251LKpoSCcj6wknMC5oqaV85M%3D&amp;reserved=0
*
[...]

Mario

yes, just as you did on this ml.