From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Audiobookfan
Sent: Sunday, March 7, 2021 2:45 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws 2021 incorrect serial number

I just installed Jaws 2021 but it won't activate properly because it's
using an incorrect serial number. Activation says it completes
successfully, but it still continues to run in 40 minute mode. I cannot
find where to correct the serial number. How do I fix this?

Jeff

Mike B

If you're installing for the first time and you're authorizing using the internet, read the box that shows your authorization code and make sure your authorization number is correct.  Other than that I don't know of anything else you can do except for talking to FS / Vispero tech support.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

I don't think this is something you will be able to do yourself. I think you will have to call or email Vispero (Freedom Scientific).

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I just installed Jaws 2021 but it won't activate properly because it's
using an incorrect serial number. Activation says it completes
successfully, but it still continues to run in 40 minute mode. I cannot
find where to correct the serial number. How do I fix this?

Jeff

Edward Green

Hi Jeff,

I’m assuming you’re authorized to run JAWS 2021 as it's a paid upgrade …

Do you have your 20-character authorization number? if so, go into the JAWS help menu and choose Update authorization and enter the 20-character dumber when asked, then follow the prompts.

Cheers,

Ed

On 7 March 2021 22:45:24 "Audiobookfan" <listening4it@...> wrote:

I just installed Jaws 2021 but it won't activate properly because it's
using an incorrect serial number. Activation says it completes
successfully, but it still continues to run in 40 minute mode. I cannot
find where to correct the serial number. How do I fix this?

Jeff

David Diamond

I’m wondering if Jeff has installed it on too many computers?  Myself when I’ve exceeded the allowable 3 computers, if trying to install it on a 4th it installs just stays in the 40 minute mode.  Just a thought. Regardless he will have to wait till later on today to contact FS.

I’m assuming you’re authorized to run JAWS 2021 as it's a paid upgrade …

Do you have your 20-character authorization number? if so, go into the JAWS help menu and choose Update authorization and enter the 20-character dumber when asked, then follow the prompts.

Cheers,

Ed

On 7 March 2021 22:45:24 "Audiobookfan" <listening4it@...> wrote:

I just installed Jaws 2021 but it won't activate properly because it's
using an incorrect serial number. Activation says it completes
successfully, but it still continues to run in 40 minute mode. I cannot
find where to correct the serial number. How do I fix this?

Jeff

Bill White

Hi, David. Even if it were the case where Jeff installed JAWS on Too many computers, this would still not account for the incorrect serial number.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...