Topics

JAWS 20212 beta, wonderful things!

Ann Byrne

Two notes on the beta:

1. Eudora works well with it! FS says they nno longer support Eudora, and I have to install the old scripts to make it work. But with 2020, the graphics for items like 'read" and "unread" absolutely did not work. With 2021, I had to build the .JGF file, but it works! I realize that using a 25-year-old email program is pretty retro, but I am delighted that it still works! I'm older than 25, and I still work pretty well.

2. In Excel, When typing data into a cell and then tabbing, neither JAWS nor NVDA would read the first character typed. So if you entered 4321, JAWS would say 321. With 2021, JAWS speaks all four characters.

Richard Turner

Thanks for the point about Excel. That is a significant bug out of the way.

And, thanks for a good laugh about being older than 25 and still working pretty well. Great line!

Richard
"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself," and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I've never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2020 6:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS 20212 beta, wonderful things!

Two notes on the beta:

1. Eudora works well with it! FS says they nno longer support Eudora, and I have to install the old scripts to make it work. But with 2020, the graphics for items like 'read" and "unread" absolutely did not work. With 2021, I had to build the .JGF file, but it works! I realize that using a 25-year-old email program is pretty retro, but I am delighted that it still works! I'm older than 25, and I still work pretty well.

2. In Excel, When typing data into a cell and then tabbing, neither JAWS nor NVDA would read the first character typed. So if you entered 4321, JAWS would say 321. With 2021, JAWS speaks all four characters.