Topics

JAWS 2020 update Email

John Doering

Hello:

I thought I would wait to receive the Email from FS before updating to 2020.  I have not received anything yet.  Has anyone else not heard from FS regarding the 2020 update?

Thanks in advance,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Rick Mladek

I have received nothing.

Rick

I thought I would wait to receive the Email from FS before updating to 2020.  I have not received anything yet.  Has anyone else not heard from FS regarding the 2020 update?

Thanks in advance,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Mario

I have never received such an email from FS about an upgrade to a new
version. being subscribed to this ml, someone eventually tends to
mention it (Mike B).

On 11/8/2019 12:20 PM, John Doering wrote:
Hello:

I thought I would wait to receive the Email from FS before updating to
2020.  I have not received anything yet.  Has anyone else not heard from
FS regarding the 2020 update?

Thanks in advance,

*John Doering*
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for
the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken
on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is
subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or
taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited.

James Homuth

It's been a very, very long time since FS sent out any kind of product
update email. Eric D used to send them out himself, but that was back before
FS was FS I believe. Regardless, it's been long enough that I can't remember
the last one.

[...]

I have always received a newsletter Email from FS announcing the release of the update including links to the update files.
I have not received that Email yet and wonder where the other members of this list found out about the release of the update.

Thanks,

[...]

Milton Ota

I should also add that you will no longer receive the DVD disk in the snail mail. It will no longer be mailed beginning with JAWS 2020.

Are you sure you aren't mistaken these emails with those Mike usually sends out, they contain the download links and the What's New.

Anyways, there really isn't much point to wait, Jaws 2020 was officially released a couple of weeks ago and all you have to do is to go to www.FreedomScientific.com and look for it.

If you insist on an official email you might wait quite a while, sort of like going to a friend's house and finding the door wide open, but you won't go in because he hasn't called out "Come in", I'd just go in 😂

[...]

Lino Morales

Its out now so if you have an SMA or a home anual license download away.

On 11/8/2019 12:20 PM, John Doering wrote:

Hello:

I thought I would wait to receive the Email from FS before updating to 2020.  I have not received anything yet.  Has anyone else not heard from FS regarding the 2020 update?

Thanks in advance,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Lino Morales

Well for John and all the best things to do is 1. Follow the FS blog and 2. Listen to FS cast to hear all things GFS encluding JAWS, Fusion, etc. In all the years of using JAWS I've never gotten such emails. Oh and finally follow Vispero @freedomsci on Twitter.