Topics

moderated jaws 2020 & setting speech profiles per application

Shan Noyes

Hi all!

I’ve never done this before in Jaws and I’ve tried a couple of things but maybe I’m not doing it in the correct order.

What I want to do is create a voice profile its actually using a different voice then I usually use and then assigning that voice profile to a specific application,

I created the voice profile under jaws options then voices and voice adjustments.

When I saved it I gave it a different name and told it not to be the default.

Now how do I tell jaws that I want the new speech profile to be used by a specific application.  E.g. script manager.

Thanks all!

Have a good day.

Shan Noyes

Technical Analyst – Systems Security

GIAC

W: 306 777-4830

C: 306 533-1440

NOTICE: This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the sender.

Cohn, Jonathan

Open the app you want to have a different profile.
press ctrl-jaws-S This will bring up a profile selector.
tab once and you should be on a control labeled use default profile for application.
By using arrow keys at this point, I was able to change profiles.
I did not try saving this, but I have done this in JAWS 18, and the dialog seemed very similar.

HTH!
Jonathan Cohn

Shan Noyes

Thanks and sorry about that. not replying and saying  that I got it figured out.

To the original message.

Have a good day.