Topics

Jaws 2018 Photos question

O.Addison Gethers

Hello All  I have jaws 2018 with desktop computer window 10 !! I’m just curious about this ,Can there a way jaws can read words text on photos? If so ,How can I get jaws to read words text on menu on photos?

Addison

JM Casey

Hi.

You can use JAWS’s new-ish OCR feature to recognise text in photos. It works at least some of the time. The easiest way is to go to the file’s location using File Explorer, activate the context menu with the applications key or shift-f10, and pick the “recognise with JAWS option”. Wait a little bit, and a window should pop up that you can navigate. If the software is able to recognise any text, it will be displayed in that window.

Hello All  I have jaws 2018 with desktop computer window 10 !! I’m just curious about this ,Can there a way jaws can read words text on photos? If so ,How can I get jaws to read words text on menu on photos?

Addison

O.Addison Gethers

Thanks JM and will try that !!

Addison