moderated JAWS22 Not Reading Excel Cells When Moving Down A Column

Mark Fisher

Hi

Since I updated to the February release of JAWS 22, if I down arrow through a column of numbers in an Excel table, JAWS stops announcing the values after about five cells. It seems to lose focus and when you use the Jaws key and numpad 5 to read the current cell, it reads the last cell it read not the cell you are on.The behaviour also occurs when moving to the left or right..

 Has anyone else experienced this?
--
Mark Fisher
Manager - HR Systems

Ann Byrne

Not in Excel. In my email program, however, as I arrow through the inbox list, although the arrow moves JAWS speaks the same email header over and over, instead of speaking the item it is on.

At 05:44 AM 2/28/2022, you wrote:
Hi

Since I updated to the February release of JAWS 22, if I down arrow through a column of numbers in an Excel table, JAWS stops announcing the values after about five cells. It seems to lose focus and when you use the Jaws key and numpad 5 to read the current cell, it reads the last cell it read not the cell you are on.The behaviour also occurs when moving to the left or right..

Has anyone else experienced this?
--
Mark Fisher
Manager - HR Systems
Water Corporation

Jay <jcoffin@...>

Hi.

What version of office are you running? Is it up-to-date? Are you running
Windows 11? I have heard windows 11 and office don't particularly play nice
with one another, but I don't know if it's actually true or not, but I have
heard that other people have had or are having problems with Jaws and excel
on windows 11.

At 05:44 AM 2/28/2022, you wrote:
Hi

Since I updated to the February release of JAWS 22, if I down arrow
through a column of numbers in an Excel table, JAWS stops announcing
the values after about five cells. It seems to lose focus and when
you use the Jaws key and numpad 5 to read the current cell, it reads
the last cell it read not the cell you are on.The behaviour also
occurs when moving to the left or right..

Has anyone else experienced this?
--
Mark Fisher
Manager - HR Systems
Water Corporation

Mark Fisher

I'm using Office 2016 latest update and Windows 10. Problem was not happening before I updated to the Feb edition of JAWS hence I'm thinking its a JAWS issue.

Mark Fisher
Manager - HR Systems
Water Corporation