From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of ann
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2022 7:28 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws22 error: unknown function call to:,shellurltofilesend

Hi,

I'm running latest Windows10 and latest Jaws22. After some windows updates this week, Jaws V22 is unusable. Not only will it not read anything automatically when I arrow through it, but I now get this message each time Jaws22 starts up. Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it:

unknown function call to:
shellurltofilesend

I've repaired jaws three times,and uninstalled and re-installed twice, but nothing seems to fix the error. I've gone back temporarily to Jaws V21, which does work flawlessly.

Thanks for any advice,
~Ann

Curtis Chong

Hello:

I am running Windows 10 and JAWS 2022. As with most things technological, my situation is not the same as yours. JAWS and everything else continues to function fairly well. Something strange is going on.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

I'm running latest Windows10 and latest Jaws22. After some windows
updates this week, Jaws V22 is unusable. Not only will it not read
anything automatically when I arrow through it, but I now get this
message each time Jaws22 starts up. Does anyone know what this means and
how to fix it:

unknown function call to:
shellurltofilesend

I've repaired jaws three times,and uninstalled and re-installed twice,
but nothing seems to fix the error. I've gone back temporarily to Jaws
V21, which does work flawlessly.

Thanks for any advice,
~Ann

Jeff Christiansen

Just taking a run at this, have you added any custom scripts to JAWS 22?
Were any modifications made to JAWS 22 or key assignments?

[...]

Ron Pelletier

Hi,

When you uninstalled JAWS and re-installed, did you remove all shared components in the uninstallation process?
Try it again if you didn't do this because it makes a difference in a lot of cases. You are right, repairing JAWS seldom does anything at all.

Ron & Globe

I'm running latest Windows10 and latest Jaws22. After some windows updates this week, Jaws V22 is unusable. Not only will it not read anything automatically when I arrow through it, but I now get this message each time Jaws22 starts up. Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it:

unknown function call to:
shellurltofilesend

I've repaired jaws three times,and uninstalled and re-installed twice, but nothing seems to fix the error. I've gone back temporarily to Jaws V21, which does work flawlessly.

Thanks for any advice,
~Ann

ann

Hi,

I am running Leasey, but I've been running it with Jaws 22 for months.

I ended up re-installing Windows to fix this problem.

~Ann

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 09:23 PM, Jeff Christiansen wrote:
[...]

Dan Longmore

Hi,
Best to get latest version of JAWS from internet and re install. Sounds like JAWS and a Windows update had a little tiff and JAWS lost.

Dan