Date 1 - 1 of 1
Moderated JAWS2023 December Update, Build .2212.23 + What's New
Below is the download link for today's J2023 build .2212.23 release plus what's new in this build update.
Enhancements in JAWS 2023.2212.23 (December 2022)
The following is a list of improvements made between the Initial 2023 release and the December 2022 update.
list of 22 items
• In Adobe Acrobat, we discovered that the JAWS Smart Glance feature was causing longer than usual load times for larger PDF documents. To resolve this
issue, we have turned off Smart Glance only in Adobe. Note that if you press Y or SHIFT+Y in Adobe, JAWS still announces "there are no glance highlights
on this page."
• In the Notification History dialog box, there is now an option to disable individual rules. To disable a rule, press INSERT+SPACEBAR followed by N to
open the Notification History, choose Manage Rules, select the rule you want to disable in the list, press the APPLICATIONS Key, and choose Disable.
• PictureSmart can now describe images saved using Apple's HEIC format.
• Added a new Quick Settings (INSERT+V) option, Cell Header and Content, which lets you choose whether table headers are announced before or after reading
cell content. This setting is available in Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel), supported web browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox), and Google Docs and Sheets.
By default, headers are announced before content.
• If you are in a Teams meeting or call with your microphone muted, JAWS now supports the "push to talk" functionality in Teams where you can press and
hold CTRL+SPACEBAR to temporarily unmute, and then release to mute again.
• Addressed an issue where JAWS was not announcing the current microphone or camera state in newer Teams updates.
• When pressing CTRL+HOME or CTRL+END inside a modal dialog box on a web page, JAWS is now restricted to only moving to the beginning or end of the dialog.
JAWS also now properly indicates when a nested modal dialog box opens.
• When activating a link in a dropdown menu that changes information on the current page, JAWS now announces the region on the page that was updated.
• If JAWS verbosity is set to Beginner, the "not pressed" state of toggle buttons on web pages is announced in addition to the "pressed" state as you navigate.
• Resolved issues interacting with radio button groups that use the aria-activedescendant property.
• Addressed an issue where JAWS was announcing page information twice when selecting a link that was displayed after expanding a button.
• Resolved an issue with combo boxes that allow you to select multiple items where JAWS was not indicating which items were selected.
• In Adobe, resolved a reported issue where JAWS was not reading as expected in a multi-page table.
• When pressing ALT+F to open the File menu in an Office 365 application such as Word, resolved an issue where JAWS was saying "leaving menus" even though
the menu remained open.
• Resolved a reported issue where JAWS would become unresponsive when attempting to select colors in an Excel spreadsheet.
• In response to customer feedback, the JAWS Tandem option has been moved back to the top of the Utilities menu in the JAWS main window.
• When the Spell Checker displays as you attempt to send an email in Outlook, addressed a reported issue where the first incorrect word was not automatically
• If the Show Hotkey setting was enabled in Settings Center for Braille Structured Mode, resolved an issue where hotkeys for some items on the Office ribbons
were not being displayed in Braille.
• When editing a Speech and Sounds scheme, resolved an issue where there was no label for the Smart Glance Highlight option on the Atrributes tab.
• Resolved an issue where JAWS was not reading all of the information for a restore point when attempting to perform a system restore.
• Addressed translation issues with various commands in the Italian version of JAWS when using Keyboard Help or Command Search.
• Addressed several issues related to stability and performance.
|1 - 1 of 1|