moderated JAWS2022 switching between Vocalizer expressive voices when writing in Spanish Microsoft Word

Shai

Hello all,
When working with JAWS2022 trying to write in Spanish I notice that
when writing a dot 6 to capitalize JAWS will announce the dot 6 using
the English Vocalizer expressive voice. Also, when I write a letter
such as an a or o JAWS will also announce this in English. When
reading the Spanish using arrow keys, JAWS will then pronounce all
items
using the Voicalizer Spanish voice.
How do I have JAWS solely pronounce everything in the Spanish
Vocalizer voice? The odd item here is that the keyboard voice for JAWS
is set to the Spanish voice when using Vocalizer.
I have a student who I am trying to have write in Spanish for class so
I'd like to resolve this in a quick manner.
Thank you in advance for any responses

--
Shai Wolman
Wolman Assistive

Jay <jcoffin@...>

Hello,

What version of Jaws are you using? Have you tried this with the latest 2023 public beta that is out? What is the vocalizer voice in question?

Thanks.

Jay

[...]

Udo Egner-Walter

Hi Shai,

if you have language detection on you could change the keyboard layout of windows by pressing Alt+Shift (at least this is the shortcut on my German Windows).

A view notes:
- Maybe the keyboard layout is another one with chars present at other places. I don't know about the Spanish keyboard layout
- Maybe the Spanish keyboard layout isn't installed on your mashine
- Take care to switch back by using the same shortcut

Maybe the script I posted in this group earlier this day can be used to change voice profiles as well.

Good luck
Udo