moderated Jaws2021 Youtube video How to mute and unmute?

O.Addison Gethers

Hi All

I’m using jaws2021  and have desktop and laptop windows10 !!

When I’m on Youtube  search for the video  ,When the video plays !!

How do I mute  the video and unmute it ?

When I press Ctrl+ m for mute  the video didn’t pause at all

Addison

JM Casey

Hey.

“Pause” and “mute” are two different things.

Press jaws key + z to turn off the virtual cursor.

To pause, press k.

To mute, press m.

I’m using jaws2021  and have desktop and laptop windows10 !!

When I’m on Youtube  search for the video  ,When the video plays !!

How do I mute  the video and unmute it ?

When I press Ctrl+ m for mute  the video didn’t pause at all

Addison

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

While playing the YouTube, turn off the JAWS Virtual Cursor with INSERT+Z. Now, us the letter m to mute/unmute.

Likewise, you can use the k command to play/pause, j to go back ten seconds, and l to move forward. All with the virtual cursor in the off state.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

I’m using jaws2021  and have desktop and laptop windows10 !!

When I’m on Youtube  search for the video  ,When the video plays !!

How do I mute  the video and unmute it ?

When I press Ctrl+ m for mute  the video didn’t pause at all

Addison

O.Addison Gethers

Hey KM Casey

I didn’t know Pause  and mute  are different things I thought Pause is to mute  the video and songs  but  if I come back from RR  and want to unmute the video and song to continue plays  !! What is to unmute ?

Addison

I’m using jaws2021  and have desktop and laptop windows10 !!

When I’m on Youtube  search for the video  ,When the video plays !!

How do I mute  the video and unmute it ?

When I press Ctrl+ m for mute  the video didn’t pause at all

Addison

JM Casey

Hello there Addison.

“Mute” is exactly what it says. It mutes the sound. The video keeps playing. There’s just no sound. It’s a toggle so you press “n” again to unmute.

I didn’t know Pause  and mute  are different things I thought Pause is to mute  the video and songs  but  if I come back from RR  and want to unmute the video and song to continue plays  !! What is to unmute ?

Addison

I’m using jaws2021  and have desktop and laptop windows10 !!

When I’m on Youtube  search for the video  ,When the video plays !!

How do I mute  the video and unmute it ?

When I press Ctrl+ m for mute  the video didn’t pause at all

Addison

O.Addison Gethers

Hi KM Casey

Oh I see what you are saying here and thanks for telling me that!! I didn’t know the video will still bre playing when mute the sound

Addison

“Mute” is exactly what it says. It mutes the sound. The video keeps playing. There’s just no sound. It’s a toggle so you press “n” again to unmute.

I didn’t know Pause  and mute  are different things I thought Pause is to mute  the video and songs  but  if I come back from RR  and want to unmute the video and song to continue plays  !! What is to unmute ?

Addison

I’m using jaws2021  and have desktop and laptop windows10 !!

When I’m on Youtube  search for the video  ,When the video plays !!

How do I mute  the video and unmute it ?

When I press Ctrl+ m for mute  the video didn’t pause at all

Addison

Mike Pietruk

The question that started this thread prompted me to do a Google search
for hotkeys that would work in Youtube with JAWS.

I found the following article which lists 25 or so of these:

https://webfriendlyhelp.com/youtube-hotkeys/

What was not mentioned is whether one can
fast forward or rewind a video by a given amount of time
(fast forward 9 minutes or rewind 2 minutes, 33 seconds, as an example)
or if one could go to a given time point (35 minutes into the video, for
instance) in the video.

Does anyone know if either of these is possible?

JM Casey

Not really sure. I remember looking into this at one point and not finding
anything really satisfactory for entering in time values. It might be doable
through other means, like entering in a time as a suffix to the uRL, but I
don't know the syntax.

You can move to a certain percentage of the video's duration by entering in
a number from 1 to 9. Then I guess just fast forward or rewind till you hit
the time you want. Not great but not terrible imo.