Topics

moderated jaws2020 fonts letter size

O.Addison Gethers

Hi All  I thought I did saved the fonts letter size in my microsoft word document but didn’t ,Can anyone tell me how to change fonts size  from 12 to 16 ?

Thanks

Addison

Van Lant, Robin

Addison,

There are several ways.  On the fly, I like to select the text I want to adjust then hit control period. You’ll hear JAWS announce the font size in increments each time you hit that key combination.  You can also hit Control D to open a font dialog box to adjust all sorts of aspects or type in a font size.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of O.Addison Gethers
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020 6:22 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: jaws2020 fonts letter size

Hi All  I thought I did saved the fonts letter size in my microsoft word document but didn’t ,Can anyone tell me how to change fonts size  from 12 to 16 ?

Thanks

Addison

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Addison,

If you want any document you create as a blank document to have 16-point font size all the time, you need to edit your Normal.dotm file, change it there, then save it.

This file is located in your AppData folder for your account, which is typically not accessible for anyone unless you turn on Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives, at least so you can get at it then you can turn that setting off again, in Control Panel, File Explorer Options, View Tab.

Once that's done, Open Word, then open file and navigate to C:\Users\{whatever belongs here for your account}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates and you'll find Normal.dotm there, which is the file you'll select to open.  Once it's open, change whatever it is that you'd like, including but not limited to font face, size, etc., then save the file.

After that, all blank documents that you open will have the attributes that you set up in your Normal.dotm template.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Don Mauck

That’s a good solution, however, b sue to save the original normal.dat file.

Regards:

Don Mauck | Senior Accessibility Evangelist | Accessibility Program Office |  (APO)

Don.mauck@...

Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 9:48 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws2020 fonts letter size

Addison,

If you want any document you create as a blank document to have 16-point font size all the time, you need to edit your Normal.dotm file, change it there, then save it.

This file is located in your AppData folder for your account, which is typically not accessible for anyone unless you turn on Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives, at least so you can get at it then you can turn that setting off again, in Control Panel, File Explorer Options, View Tab.

Once that's done, Open Word, then open file and navigate to C:\Users\{whatever belongs here for your account}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates and you'll find Normal.dotm there, which is the file you'll select to open.  Once it's open, change whatever it is that you'd like, including but not limited to font face, size, etc., then save the file.

After that, all blank documents that you open will have the attributes that you set up in your Normal.dotm template.

--

~ Lawrence Krauss

Richard Turner

There is an easier way.

Open a blank document.

Press the applications key or shift+f10.

Hit f for font.

Make your adjustments.

Tab to “set as default.

Press spacebar or enter.

You will have a dialog that asks, for this document only, or for all documents based on the normal template, which is a radio button you tab to.

Once you set it to all documents, hit enter or tab to OK and hit enter.

Then, every document will be using that default.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

Live long and prosper 🖖

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Mauck
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 8:51 AM

Regards:

Don Mauck | Senior Accessibility Evangelist | Accessibility Program Office |  (APO)

Don.mauck@...

Addison,

--

~ Lawrence Krauss

Richard,

That is, indeed, much easier.  I imagine it's a "more recent" feature, too, where "recent" could be a long while back.  I've been using the method of directly editing the Normal.dot (or dotm, later) file for many decades now.  If Word is, for all practical intents and purposes, allowing you to do this as you describe then it is much easier.

Don,

You don't really have to worry about saving the original.  If you nuke whatever Normal.dotm is in the folder Word will generate another one, and it will be generated with the defaults.  Now if your original is already modified in one way, and you're not sure about the tweaks you're making, it makes absolute sense to save the existing Normal.dotm as something like OrigNormal.dotm before going back and making the tweaks.  It's really a matter of what your fall back Normal.dotm should be for you.
--

~ Lawrence Krauss

O.Addison Gethers

Hi there  Thanks

Addison

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 11:35 AM

Addison,

There are several ways.  On the fly, I like to select the text I want to adjust then hit control period. You’ll hear JAWS announce the font size in increments each time you hit that key combination.  You can also hit Control D to open a font dialog box to adjust all sorts of aspects or type in a font size.

Thanks

Addison

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

O.Addison Gethers

Hi richard  Thanks for this !!

Addison

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 11:58 AM

There is an easier way.

Open a blank document.

Press the applications key or shift+f10.

Hit f for font.

Make your adjustments.

Tab to “set as default.

Press spacebar or enter.

You will have a dialog that asks, for this document only, or for all documents based on the normal template, which is a radio button you tab to.

Once you set it to all documents, hit enter or tab to OK and hit enter.

Then, every document will be using that default.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

Live long and prosper 🖖

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Mauck
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 8:51 AM

Regards:

Don.mauck@...

Addison,

--

~ Lawrence Krauss

Van Lant, Robin

Addison,

I just realized it’s actually Control shift period for increasing font size.  Likewise, it’s control shift , for decreasing it.

Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 11:26 AM

Hi there  Thanks

Addison

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io

Addison,

Thanks

Addison

O.Addison Gethers

Hi Don  when I press ctrl +shift +. I don’t hear its say fonts size  with number  I also try ctrl + shift + , that don’t work either !!

Addison

Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 4:48 PM

Addison,

I just realized it’s actually Control shift period for increasing font size.  Likewise, it’s control shift , for decreasing it.

Hi there  Thanks

Addison

Addison,

Thanks

Addison

O.Addison Gethers

Hi Don  and Brian 

I figured out there is another way to do fonts size  ,it is press ctrl + d  then the dialogue box  come up  fonts size  press alt  s  then use down arrow to choose the size then press enter

Addison

Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 4:48 PM

Addison,

Hi there  Thanks

Addison

Addison,

Thanks

Addison