moderated items on desktop

Justin Williams

I am using Jaws 2021

Windows 10

I downloaded Chrnos XP, but I can't seem to get to it.

I'm not sure where it is, but when I am alt tabbing through, it sometimes comes up. but I can't get to it on the task bar.

It is an astrological app.

How else can I get to something like that.

Presuming this is either an installed program, the old-style, now known as a desktop app, or it's a modern app, you can always find it by hitting the Windows Key and typing the first couple of characters of its name.  I'd imagine that, "chrn," if not just, "chr," are going to have this show up as the first search result.

This can even work for portable programs/apps if the folder in which you've elected to store it/them is indexed for Windows Search.

If it's currently running, regardless of the specific type of app, it should be part of the taskbar, as I don't assume it's a hidden process, and even then it would likely be in the overflow area accessed by activating the chevron button after hitting WinKey + B.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer

crayton Benner

Probably the easiest way to do it is through the start menue. And then just type in whatever you’re looking for in the search field. 

On Sep 29, 2021, at 17:33, Justin Williams <justin.williams2@...> wrote:

I am using Jaws 2021
Windows 10

I downloaded Chrnos XP, but I can't seem to get to it.

I'm not sure where it is, but when I am alt tabbing through, it sometimes comes up. but I can't get to it on the task bar.

It is an astrological app.

How else can I get to something like that.

Van Lant, Robin

To ad to what Brian wrote, once you type it in the search box and hear JAWS read off the program name, you can hit the application key and select pin to Start or pin to taskbar to find it more easily in the future. I wish there was an option to pin to desktop, but pinning to taskbar is a close substitute for me.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 4:17 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: items on desktop

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

Presuming this is either an installed program, the old-style, now known as a desktop app, or it's a modern app, you can always find it by hitting the Windows Key and typing the first couple of characters of its name.  I'd imagine that, "chrn," if not just, "chr," are going to have this show up as the first search result.

This can even work for portable programs/apps if the folder in which you've elected to store it/them is indexed for Windows Search.

If it's currently running, regardless of the specific type of app, it should be part of the taskbar, as I don't assume it's a hidden process, and even then it would likely be in the overflow area accessed by activating the chevron button after hitting WinKey + B.
--

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer

KeyCorp Public

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

If you want it on the desktop you can do this with one extra step, select Open File Location from the same menu where you have Pin to Taskbar, then you will be taken to the actual shortcut for the application and you can simply copy it and paste it on the desktop. Of course if it is an application you use all the time it's actually better to have it on the taskbar because then you also have a keyboard shortcut for the application which works everywhere and which requires no further setting up since all items on the taskbar can be accessed by pressing the Windows Key and their corresponding number of the number row. This works from 1 through 0 so you can easily and quickly access up to 10 programs and apps this way. Of course you have to remember if they are in position 2, 4 or 7 or whatever, but you can also rearrange the items on the taskbar using Jaws drag and drop and put them in an order you like.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: September 30, 2021 8:31 AM

To ad to what Brian wrote, once you type it in the search box and hear JAWS read off the program name, you can hit the application key and select pin to Start or pin to taskbar to find it more easily in the future. I wish there was an option to pin to desktop, but pinning to taskbar is a close substitute for me.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 4:17 PM

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

--

~ William Plomer

KeyCorp Public

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

crayton Benner

Yep. that’s one way to do it. 

On Sep 30, 2021, at 12:24, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

If you want it on the desktop you can do this with one extra step, select Open File Location from the same menu where you have Pin to Taskbar, then you will be taken to the actual shortcut for the application and you can simply copy it and paste it on the desktop. Of course if it is an application you use all the time it's actually better to have it on the taskbar because then you also have a keyboard shortcut for the application which works everywhere and which requires no further setting up since all items on the taskbar can be accessed by pressing the Windows Key and their corresponding number of the number row. This works from 1 through 0 so you can easily and quickly access up to 10 programs and apps this way. Of course you have to remember if they are in position 2, 4 or 7 or whatever, but you can also rearrange the items on the taskbar using Jaws drag and drop and put them in an order you like.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: September 30, 2021 8:31 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: items on desktop

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 4:17 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: items on desktop

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

-- 
    ~ William Plomer

KeyCorp Public 

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.