moderated items on desktop

Justin Williams

I am using Jaws 2021

Windows 10

I downloaded Chrnos XP, but I can't seem to get to it.

I'm not sure where it is, but when I am alt tabbing through, it sometimes comes up. but I can't get to it on the task bar.

It is an astrological app.

How else can I get to something like that.

Presuming this is either an installed program, the old-style, now known as a desktop app, or it's a modern app, you can always find it by hitting the Windows Key and typing the first couple of characters of its name.  I'd imagine that, "chrn," if not just, "chr," are going to have this show up as the first search result.

This can even work for portable programs/apps if the folder in which you've elected to store it/them is indexed for Windows Search.

If it's currently running, regardless of the specific type of app, it should be part of the taskbar, as I don't assume it's a hidden process, and even then it would likely be in the overflow area accessed by activating the chevron button after hitting WinKey + B.

    ~ William Plomer

crayton Benner

Probably the easiest way to do it is through the start menue. And then just type in whatever you’re looking for in the search field.

On Sep 29, 2021, at 17:33, Justin Williams <justin.williams2@...> wrote:

I am using Jaws 2021
Windows 10

I downloaded Chrnos XP, but I can't seem to get to it.

I'm not sure where it is, but when I am alt tabbing through, it sometimes comes up. but I can't get to it on the task bar.

It is an astrological app.

How else can I get to something like that.

Van Lant, Robin

To ad to what Brian wrote, once you type it in the search box and hear JAWS read off the program name, you can hit the application key and select pin to Start or pin to taskbar to find it more easily in the future. I wish there was an option to pin to desktop, but pinning to taskbar is a close substitute for me.

Presuming this is either an installed program, the old-style, now known as a desktop app, or it's a modern app, you can always find it by hitting the Windows Key and typing the first couple of characters of its name.  I'd imagine that, "chrn," if not just, "chr," are going to have this show up as the first search result.

This can even work for portable programs/apps if the folder in which you've elected to store it/them is indexed for Windows Search.

If it's currently running, regardless of the specific type of app, it should be part of the taskbar, as I don't assume it's a hidden process, and even then it would likely be in the overflow area accessed by activating the chevron button after hitting WinKey + B.

    ~ William Plomer

KeyCorp Public

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

If you want it on the desktop you can do this with one extra step, select Open File Location from the same menu where you have Pin to Taskbar, then you will be taken to the actual shortcut for the application and you can simply copy it and paste it on the desktop. Of course if it is an application you use all the time it's actually better to have it on the taskbar because then you also have a keyboard shortcut for the application which works everywhere and which requires no further setting up since all items on the taskbar can be accessed by pressing the Windows Key and their corresponding number of the number row. This works from 1 through 0 so you can easily and quickly access up to 10 programs and apps this way. Of course you have to remember if they are in position 2, 4 or 7 or whatever, but you can also rearrange the items on the taskbar using Jaws drag and drop and put them in an order you like.

[...]

Yep. that’s one way to do it.

On Sep 30, 2021, at 12:24, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

[...]

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.