moderated Is Windows Mail now working with JFW

David Griffith

Bizarrely just a couple of days after sending a Support message to FS Windows Mail seems, touch wood, to have stabilised with Jaws.

I am typing this email in Mail with Jaws, something I have not been able to do for weeks.

I don’t know if it is anything to do with the new January update, though the first few times I checked this out Mail continues to crash with Jaws running anyway. Apparently no longer. .

Alternatively there might have been some unseen update on Windows I suppose.

The only thing I have been doing differently is that I had routinely also had thunderbird open in another window   because of the propensity of Mail to crash with Jaws. However I have just closed thunderbird and Mail is continuing to work with Jaws so it looks like it is not related..

Before I report this apparent improvement I wonder if the other people experiencing problems with Mail have also seen the problem resolved?

David G.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Melissa Stott

It seems to crash when I tab over to Folders and hit the enter or the space bar.  I sometimes cannot do anything after that.  Jaws crashes, and even when it comes back, I have to close out mail and reopen it.

                                                                Melissa

[...]

Checking on my laptop version of Windows Mail it appears to me personally that the instability of Jaws with Windows Mail has now been resolved there as well as on my Desktop.

This is welcome but mysterious as I cannot pin down why it is now stable whereas for the last  few weeks it has been virtually unusable.

[...]

E.M. Kirtley

                I sent a report also, and after the update I have had few problems.

Ms. E. Kirtley

[...]

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi,What exact issues were you experiencing between jaws and mail onwindows 10?  I love using the mail app in Windows 10!  ThanksJessica

[...]

The problem was that if you loaded Windows Mail whilst Jaws was running Mail would close unexpectedly   after the review of just one or two messages in the inbox.

There would be no error message – Mail would simply disappear.

This was only a problem if Jaws was running.  Mail would worked as expected perfectly with either Narrator or NVDA.

For me this problem was not machine  specific  as it was occurring on both my laptop and desktop machines.

However Support had recognised the issue last week and said that they were escalating it to the software team.

Whatever the fix was it has been delivered at lightning speed for once.

David G.