Topics

Is the following a bug with 2020?

Ron Kolesar

Hi to all.
I've noticed the following while using 2020 and the menus.
For example.
I just tried to do a alt v to go to the views menu to go down to click on conversation and to delete by subject.
As soon as I try to route pc to jaws to see the options in the view menu it goes out of the menu mode and back to the list of messages.
Yes, I'm still using WLM for my mail package.
Any thoughts on how to fix this would be deeply appreciated it.
Ron
In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,
From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG

James Homuth

Not a 2020 user yet, but that seems like expected behaviour. When you use
alt+v to get into the menu, the JAWS cursor doesn't follow you. If you don't
route PC to JAWS, you should stay in the menu and just be able to use the PC
cursor to navigate as you always do. If you want to be able to read the menu
with the JAWS cursor, you need to do the reverse--route jaws to PC.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Kolesar
Sent: November-02-19 5:38 PM
To: JAWS User's Group Mailing List <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Is the following a bug with 2020?

Hi to all.
For example.
I just tried to do a alt v to go to the views menu to go down to click on
conversation and to delete by subject.
As soon as I try to route pc to jaws to see the options in the view menu it
goes out of the menu mode and back to the list of messages.
Ron
In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or
Best Whishes, From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG

Van Lant, Robin

Not sure if it's related, but I recently noticed that I'm having a weird bug with the Outlook ribbon on my home computer. I wasn't sure if it started after a recent upgrade to Office 2016 or to JAWS. In my case, pressing alt to go to the ribbon tabs where I should be able to left and right arrow across the various tab options no longer works right. When I press Alt, it immediately jumps to the lower ribbon. I cannot seem to get focus to the upper ribbon. To get to the view ribbon, I have to press alt V. I'm not seeing that here on my work computer, but I'm also likely on a slightly different version of Outlook and still on JAWS 2019 here. I'll have to turn off JAWS and see if the issue persist with Narrator.

Sent: Saturday, November 2, 2019 3:38 PM

Hi to all.
For example.
I just tried to do a alt v to go to the views menu to go down to click on conversation and to delete by subject.
As soon as I try to route pc to jaws to see the options in the view menu it goes out of the menu mode and back to the list of messages.
Ron
In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes, From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the
SUBJECT line.

Mike B

Hi Robin,

It sounds like the ribbons are minimized.  Try the following:
To navigate ribbons more efficiently the ribbons need to be maximized.  The keystroke is, control + F1.  This keystroke is a toggle so, this keystroke
will maximize & minimize the ribbons.

To check if the ribbons are minimized / maximized do the following:
1. Press the, Alt key, to open the ribbons.
2. Open the context menu with either the application key or, shift + F10.
3. Arrow up or down to the, Minimize, option.  If, Minimize, is checked, the ribbons are minimized, pressing, enter, on this checkbox, will uncheck it
&close the context menu, & your menues will now be maximized.
Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Every man should marry.  After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2019 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: Is the following a bug with 2020?

Not sure if it's related, but I recently noticed that I'm having a weird bug with the Outlook ribbon on my home computer.  I wasn't sure if it started after a recent upgrade to Office 2016 or to JAWS.  In my case, pressing alt to go to the ribbon tabs where I should be able to left and right arrow across the various tab options no longer works right. When I press Alt, it immediately jumps to the lower ribbon.  I cannot seem to get focus to the upper ribbon. To get to the view ribbon, I have to press alt V.  I'm not seeing that here on my work computer, but I'm also likely on a slightly different version of Outlook and still on JAWS 2019 here.  I'll have to turn off JAWS and see if the issue persist with Narrator.

Hi to all.
For example.
Ron
In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes, From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
SUBJECT line.

In my version of Outlook it is called “collapse the ribbon”, not “minimize”.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Monday, November 4, 2019 3:13 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi Robin,

It sounds like the ribbons are minimized.  Try the following:

To navigate ribbons more efficiently the ribbons need to be maximized.  The keystroke is, control + F1.  This keystroke is a toggle so, this keystroke
will maximize & minimize the ribbons.

To check if the ribbons are minimized / maximized do the following:
1. Press the, Alt key, to open the ribbons.
2. Open the context menu with either the application key or, shift + F10.
3. Arrow up or down to the, Minimize, option.  If, Minimize, is checked, the ribbons are minimized, pressing, enter, on this checkbox, will uncheck it
&close the context menu, & your menues will now be maximized.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Every man should marry.  After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, November 04, 2019 12:20 PM

Not sure if it's related, but I recently noticed that I'm having a weird bug with the Outlook ribbon on my home computer.  I wasn't sure if it started after a recent upgrade to Office 2016 or to JAWS.  In my case, pressing alt to go to the ribbon tabs where I should be able to left and right arrow across the various tab options no longer works right. When I press Alt, it immediately jumps to the lower ribbon.  I cannot seem to get focus to the upper ribbon. To get to the view ribbon, I have to press alt V.  I'm not seeing that here on my work computer, but I'm also likely on a slightly different version of Outlook and still on JAWS 2019 here.  I'll have to turn off JAWS and see if the issue persist with Narrator.

Hi to all.
For example.
Ron

SUBJECT line.