Topics

moderated Is anyone having a edge and forms mode problem?

Ron Kolesar

Hi to all.
Both myself and my close friend Tom Klaus and myself are in a role playing
game.
I've noticed lately that when using edge and jaws that the forms mode
doesn't stay on and you need to double check that forms mode stays on before
typing in a speed and or use any of the features within the game.
I've also notice when typing in a field and or password for a web page as
well that forms mode doesn't stay on.
Any thought on this?
Many Thanks.
Ron

Best Whishes,From
Ron Kolesar
And
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,From
Ron Kolesar
And
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

Rick Mladek

Ron,

Yes, I have noticed this a regular problem within forms on the internet, as
well.

Rick

Both myself and my close friend Tom Klaus and myself are in a role playing
game.
I've noticed lately that when using edge and jaws that the forms mode
doesn't stay on and you need to double check that forms mode stays on before
typing in a speed and or use any of the features within the game.
I've also notice when typing in a field and or password for a web page as
well that forms mode doesn't stay on.
Any thought on this?
Many Thanks.
Ron

Best Whishes,From Ron Kolesar Volunteer Certified Licensed Emergency
Communications Station And Volunteer Certified Licensed Ham Radio Station
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

Best Whishes,From Ron Kolesar Volunteer Certified Licensed Emergency
Communications Station And Volunteer Certified Licensed Ham Radio Station
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

Loy

Password and user names on some site give me a hard time. I just went to WellsFargo and it took several times tabbing in and out of forms mode to get logged in.

[...]

Dan Longmore

Yes the issue has been around for a while now it occurs and most browsers from time to time. Not sure why, doesn’t matter what the forms mode is set to either

Milton Ota

Hello,

Are you running JAWS 2020 AND the Microsoft Edge version 80.xxxxx or are
using a different combination of screen reader and the 44.xxxxxx version of
Edge?

If you are using the latest update of JAJAWS, and the Edge version
80.xx.xx.xx should not be having some of the problems.

Password and user names on some site give me a hard time. I just went to
WellsFargo and it took several times tabbing in and out of forms mode to get
logged in.
Both myself and my close friend Tom Klaus and myself are in a role
playing game.
I've noticed lately that when using edge and jaws that the forms mode
doesn't stay on and you need to double check that forms mode stays on
before typing in a speed and or use any of the features within the
game.
I've also notice when typing in a field and or password for a web page
as well that forms mode doesn't stay on.
Any thought on this?
Many Thanks.
Ron

In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards
and or Best Whishes,From Ron Kolesar Volunteer Certified Licensed
Emergency Communications Station And Volunteer Certified Licensed Ham
Radio Station With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards
and or Best Whishes,From Ron Kolesar Volunteer Certified Licensed
Emergency Communications Station And Volunteer Certified Licensed Ham
Radio Station With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

Rick Mladek

Using latest Jaws, Windows 10 and Firefox and other browsers...as IE and
Edge

[...]

I am using the latest version of JAWS and latest version of Edge Chrome

[...]

Randy Barnett

If you are using the chromium based Edge and any but the latest updated version of jaws 2020 then you have to turn off UI automation. It is turned on by default now and only the latest version of jaws 2020 just released last week supports UI automation. If you cant get this version of jaws then you need to disable UI automation in Edge.

Just google it if you need a how to.

On 2/14/2020 2:25 PM, Ron Kolesar wrote:
[...]

Many thanks.
But I'm running the latest version of JAWS 2020 and the latest version of wind 10 as well.
Many Thanks for the shout back.
Ron Ham Radio Station KR3DOG

[...]

And that is exactly why it's important nowadays for people to include not only what version of Jaws they are using, but also what version of Windows and, if it's about a browser or other application, the version of said browser or application.