Topics

moderated interesting issue with jaws 2020 and the new microsoft edge

james hooper

Greetings all okay I have noticed when using the newest Microsoft edge with jaws if you type something you can’t read character by character and if you backspace it doesn’t read by character any suggestions.,

Shan Noyes

Just a thought have you tried to expand it to full screen mode with windows key up arrow

On May 4, 2020, at 6:29 PM, james hooper <rockiesfan296@...> wrote:

Greetings all okay I have noticed when using the newest Microsoft edge with jaws if you type something you can’t read character by character and if you backspace it doesn’t read by character any suggestions.,

Randy Barnett

Yes I have the same issue. It is very annoying.

On 5/4/2020 5:29 PM, james hooper wrote:

Leo

hi, this issue has been fixed at least for the dev branch, I don't know ow how long it will take to reach out the stable version though.

Best,
   Leo
On 5/6/2020 11:43 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:

Yes I have the same issue. It is very annoying.

On 5/4/2020 5:29 PM, james hooper wrote:

Cohn, Jonathan

I assume you are talking about Dev Chrome and not dev JAWS? If so, is this the Beta or the Canary?
Thanks!
Jonathan Cohn

Leo

yes Microsoft Edge Dev, and from what I can tell, the Dev channel is different from the beta channel and the canary channel. You can have more information about the Microsoft Edge insideer  channels here:

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download

Best,
   Leo
On 5/7/2020 8:27 AM, Cohn, Jonathan wrote:

I assume you are talking about Dev Chrome and not dev JAWS? If so, is this the Beta or the Canary?
Thanks!
Jonathan Cohn