moderated Interacting with tables in google docs with JAWS

Rahul Bajaj

Hi All,

Yesterday, I had to enter some sub-headings in a table I work working on with colleagues in Google Docs. I found this very hard to do. Principally, this was because JAWS was not moving from one cell to the other smoothly. It would start messing up the indentation when I would try to use the tab key to move from one cell to the other.

When I opened the document with NVDA, NVDA did not interact with the document altogether. it just kept saying blank. I finally managed to complete the exercise with great difficulty by using arrow keys with JAWS.

Surely, there has to be a better way to do this. Please let me know your thoughts on the matter.

Warmly,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Senior Resident Fellow,
Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, New Delhi, India
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford

Rahul Bajaj

Hi,