From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2022 6:12 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Insert + Escape, when to use it?

I was just introduced to Insert + Escape.  This does the following:

Repaints all currently displayed items on the screen.

However, I don't understand the sort of scenarios where I would use this. Can someone describe them?

Glenn / Lenny

The thing is, I have never had a problem with Jaws finding something on a refreshed page.
But on web pages, I just use control F, not insert control F and that works well.
I only use insert with it when I'm searching through an eMail message, because obviously, control F typically would forward the message.
Glenn

Here’s a non-techy understanding. You’re probably familiar with the F5 refresh process. The JAWS insert-escape command refreshes a screen in the sense that JAWS catches up with what is displayed on the screen. Often when JAWS can’t find something on a webpage that you’d expect to find there, insert-escape will enable JAWS to find it. I use the command many times daily.

--

My novel Caroline is now available in paperback, Kindle and audiobook versions: https://adrianspratt.com/book/

I was just introduced to Insert + Escape.  This does the following:

Repaints all currently displayed items on the screen.

However, I don't understand the sort of scenarios where I would use this. Can someone describe them?

Shirley Tracy

Please forgive this silly question, but when referring to the insert key, do you all mean the JAWS key or the Enter Key? I’m digging through my memory and can’t remember.

Thanks.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy