Topics

moderated Including keystrokes in Speech History?

Mark

Does anyone know a way to have speech history include keystrokes that were pressed and not just what JAWS said? This would be a helpful way of recording a walk through of content.

Bill White

Hi, Mark. There is no way currently to have key strokes included in Speech History. If there were, it could present a privacy concern. I think the only way you are going to have a log of keystrokes pressed is to install a key logger, which will present privacy concerns of its own.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 7:04 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Including keystrokes in Speech History?

Does anyone know a way to have speech history include keystrokes that were pressed and not just what JAWS said? This would be a helpful way of recording a walk through of content.

Cohn, Jonathan

On Dec 2, 2020, at 10:04 PM, Mark <mweiler@alumni.sfu.ca> wrote:

In settings center there is a button called something like keycaps that I remember being discussed by Jonathan on FSCast as a way to prevent “tab” from being spoken every time it was typed (including alt-tab). So I expect you could reverse this process to have tab and arrow keys pressed.
Probably would be worthwhile setting this up in a demo user account, because I am sure you don’t want to hear all that usually.
Jonathan