Topics

moderated Inaccessibility of a website

Bill White

Hi. I used to frequent a lyrics site called Genius.com. Lately, when I go to the website, and search a lyric, I click the link, and where there used to be a lyric, I now only get an edit box. Can someone go to this website and see if they can see the lyrics to any song? The song I tried was Run for your life, the beatles

Has this site become inaccessible for screen readers?

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Bill White

I found an answer to my question about genius.com. Google Chrome will render it, whereas Edge and Firefox did not for me.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Marty Hutchings

This is a cool site that I did not know existed.  I tried searching for words to Hotel California by the Eagles and it worked fine for me.  I am using JAWS 2020 and Windows 7.  I used Google Chrome.

Love in Christ
Marty

Hi. I used to frequent a lyrics site called Genius.com. Lately, when I go to the website, and search a lyric, I click the link, and where there used to be a lyric, I now only get an edit box. Can someone go to this website and see if they can see the lyrics to any song? The song I tried was Run for your life, the beatles

Has this site become inaccessible for screen readers?

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Using the newest build of JAWS 2020, I could navigate by heading, then read the lyrics to Run for your Life, a really very disgusting song when you look at it, with its attitude toward women, without difficulty.

Dean

This is a cool site that I did not know existed.  I tried searching for words to Hotel California by the Eagles and it worked fine for me.  I am using JAWS 2020 and Windows 7.  I used Google Chrome.

Love in Christ
Marty

Hi. I used to frequent a lyrics site called Genius.com. Lately, when I go to the website, and search a lyric, I click the link, and where there used to be a lyric, I now only get an edit box. Can someone go to this website and see if they can see the lyrics to any song? The song I tried was Run for your life, the beatles

Has this site become inaccessible for screen readers?

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Patrick Murphy

Hi Bill,

There is another browser out there called “brave”.

You might want to try that. I tried it, and as a result, I uninstalled chrome.

Brave has exactly the same functionality (at least I found no difference), and it has a much smaller foot print on the computer.

Also, in my experience, it runs faster.

pat