importing contacts from Gmail to Out

Marianne Denning

I have Office 365 and am running the most current version of JAWS. How do I import contacts from gmail to my Outlook contact list?

Curtis Chong

For a bit of light reading on how to do this, refer to:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/import-gmail-contacts-to-outlook-edbacfde-f48c-49da-a6a3-bcbb8f4f4819

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2021 12:25 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: importing contacts from Gmail to Out

I have Office 365 and am running the most current version of JAWS. How do I import contacts from gmail to my Outlook contact list?

The simple answer is, "Don't."

If you're using Gmail you really want any changes you make in Outlook synced to Gmail, and vice versa, as far as contacts go.  Why Microsoft has not created a graceful interface to third party contacts and calendars I will never understand.

I have recommended both Go Contact Sync Mod and Fruux Basic (if you only have a couple of accounts, as it's paid beyond 2 accounts or two devices - also requires you to create an account with them) when the need arises to sync contact information between Gmail and the Outlook Address Book.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer

Marianne Denning

Thank you for that information. If I sync my Gmail contacts with my outlook can I create groups in Outlook? That is really what I am trying to do here.

On Sep 9, 2021, at 3:43 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

If you're using Gmail you really want any changes you make in Outlook synced to Gmail, and vice versa, as far as contacts go.  Why Microsoft has not created a graceful interface to third party contacts and calendars I will never understand.

I have recommended both Go Contact Sync Mod and Fruux Basic (if you only have a couple of accounts, as it's paid beyond 2 accounts or two devices - also requires you to create an account with them) when the need arises to sync contact information between Gmail and the Outlook Address Book.
--

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer

Yes, you can create groups in Outlook.  I can't remember whether those sync back to Gmail Contacts or not.

I believe that groups created in Gmail do sync to Outlook, but I could also be wrong about that.  I don't have Go Contact Sync Mod set up on this machine to check.
--

~ William Plomer

Steve Nutt

Hi,

I’ve tried all of those, but I prefer Companion Link

While it is not free, it doesn’t limit you to accounts to synchronise.

Al the best

Steve

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 09 September 2021 20:44
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: importing contacts from Gmail to Out

--

~ William Plomer

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 11:48 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:
it doesn’t limit you to accounts to synchronise.
-
Nor, to my knowledge, does Go Contact Sync Mod.

And that's not a criticism of your choice.  I know that Fruux does limit the number of accounts, but that's only on Fruux Basic.  Most of the sync software that's not open source does unlimited numbers of accounts unless you use their paid versions.  But for a great many home users, one or two accounts is all they're using anyway.

But another arrow in the proverbial quiver is always good.

--

~ William Plomer