From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Madison
Martin
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2021 12:48 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: importing a back-up file

Hi all,
Can someone please tell me how to select a back-up file so that I can import
my
user settings? I'm in the spot for the file name, it's the selecting the
file
for import that I'm having trouble with. I've tried typing in the name
several
times, but it would seem that I'm not doing something right because I keep
getting a message saying that no back-up file has been selected. The file is
on
my desktop. Using latest versions of Jaws and Windows 10. Thanks
Madison

Madison Martin

Do I need to open the file in order to do this?

Hi, Madison. Rather than trying to type in the name, go to the desktop, and copy
the backup file to the clipboard. Then when you try to import the backup file,
and it asks for the name, paste the file you copied to the clipboard into that
box. That way, it will give, not only the filename, but the path to that file.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

Can someone please tell me how to select a back-up file so that I can import my
user settings? I'm in the spot for the file name, it's the selecting the file
for import that I'm having trouble with. I've tried typing in the name several
times, but it would seem that I'm not doing something right because I keep
getting a message saying that no back-up file has been selected. The file is on
my desktop. Using latest versions of Jaws and Windows 10. Thanks Madison

Bill White

Hi, Madison. No. Don't open the file. Just arrow to it, and when your cursor
is on the file, copy it to the clipboard.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

Do I need to open the file in order to do this?

Can someone please tell me how to select a back-up file so that I can import
my
user settings? I'm in the spot for the file name, it's the selecting the
file
for import that I'm having trouble with. I've tried typing in the name
several
times, but it would seem that I'm not doing something right because I keep
getting a message saying that no back-up file has been selected. The file is
on
my desktop. Using latest versions of Jaws and Windows 10. Thanks Madison

Madison Martin

Okay, I was able to select the file, but when I tried to do the import I got an
error message, any idea what could be wrong? I didn't change anything during the
import, because I didn't want to mess anything up.

Do I need to open the file in order to do this?

Can someone please tell me how to select a back-up file so that I can import my
user settings? I'm in the spot for the file name, it's the selecting the file
for import that I'm having trouble with. I've tried typing in the name several
times, but it would seem that I'm not doing something right because I keep
getting a message saying that no back-up file has been selected. The file is on
my desktop. Using latest versions of Jaws and Windows 10. Thanks Madison

Bill White

No, I don't have enough information to be able to tell you why you got an
error message.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

Do I need to open the file in order to do this?

Can someone please tell me how to select a back-up file so that I can import
my
user settings? I'm in the spot for the file name, it's the selecting the
file
for import that I'm having trouble with. I've tried typing in the name
several
times, but it would seem that I'm not doing something right because I keep
getting a message saying that no back-up file has been selected. The file is
on
my desktop. Using latest versions of Jaws and Windows 10. Thanks Madison

Madison Martin

Turns out I just needed to close everything else out, once I did that it worked.
Can I delete the file now?

Okay, I was able to select the file, but when I tried to do the import I got an
error message, any idea what could be wrong? I didn't change anything during the
import, because I didn't want to mess anything up.

Do I need to open the file in order to do this?

Can someone please tell me how to select a back-up file so that I can import my
user settings? I'm in the spot for the file name, it's the selecting the file
for import that I'm having trouble with. I've tried typing in the name several
times, but it would seem that I'm not doing something right because I keep
getting a message saying that no back-up file has been selected. The file is on
my desktop. Using latest versions of Jaws and Windows 10. Thanks Madison

Bill White

Yes. You can delete the file.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

Turns out I just needed to close everything else out, once I did that it
worked.
Can I delete the file now?

Do I need to open the file in order to do this?

Can someone please tell me how to select a back-up file so that I can import
my
user settings? I'm in the spot for the file name, it's the selecting the
file
for import that I'm having trouble with. I've tried typing in the name
several
times, but it would seem that I'm not doing something right because I keep
getting a message saying that no back-up file has been selected. The file is
on
my desktop. Using latest versions of Jaws and Windows 10. Thanks Madison

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Why not just browse to the file, if there is a regular open dialogue you should be able to go to any folder on your computer, then go to the file and then press "Open" or "OK" or whatever.

Can someone please tell me how to select a back-up file so that I can import my user settings? I'm in the spot for the file name, it's the selecting the file for import that I'm having trouble with. I've tried typing in the name several times, but it would seem that I'm not doing something right because I keep getting a message saying that no back-up file has been selected. The file is on my desktop. Using latest versions of Jaws and Windows 10. Thanks Madison

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Nobody can really tell you because you don't say what it is you are trying to import, at least I didn't see it anywhere.