Topics

moderated I Cannot Join Zoom Meeting from my Outlook Calendar

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

I am trying to join a Zoom meeting from my Outlook calendar.  After I schedule the meeting and paste it to my Outlook calendar, the hyperlink is there in the calendar appointment but when I try to activate the link using the Insert+F7 keystroke it is saying that no link is there and that I should press Insert+f5.  When I do this the hyperlink appears.  I tab to OK and hit the Enter key but that still does not solve the problem.  The version of Outlook I am using is Outlook 2010 but I do have a Zoom plug-in installed and so I am able to schedule a Zoom meeting from Outlook.  I am trying to insert on my Outlook calendar a weekly Zoom class at church.  I got the hyperlink to join the Zoom meeting from someone at church.  I scheduled the meeting and sent it to my own e-mail address, and on the invitation message whenever I hit the Enter key on the hyperlink to join I can join with no trouble, but after I paste it to my Outlook calendar and then try to join from the Appointment tab on the calendar the hyperlink doesn’t work.  Do any of you out there know how I can get the hyperlink on the calendar to working?

Rick Miller

Randy Barnett

Make sure you got the entire hyperlink that you didn’t cut off any of the text at the end beginning or anywhere else for that matter! :-) LOL

Randy Barnett

On Oct 9, 2020, at 7:48 PM, Rick Miller <rm1263@...> wrote:

[...]

After I got the e-mail meeting invitation which I sent to myself since it is a church meeting only I plan to join via Zoom, I opened it up and there was the page with all the details.  I then hit the Alt key to open up the Appointment tab.  I tabbed several times until I heard “Calendar,” and hit the Enter key.  When I did this the meeting information posted immediately to my Outlook calendar.  I tabbed past the day and time and the notification that this is an all-day meeting, which I did not check.  Then after I hit the tab key again, which put me on the field where additional comments are added, there was the name of the meeting, the day, time, and the hyperlink to join.  When I hit the Enter key on the hyperlink nothing happened, even though JAWS did say the word “Hyperlink.”  I then hit Insert+F7 which is the keystroke for all links and JAWS spoke that there were no links and instructed me to hit Insert+F5.  When I did, the hyperlink popped up.  I tabbed once and when I heard JAWS say OK I hit the Enter key.  I then tried again to hit the Enter key on the hyperlink in the appointment field but again, nothing happened.  And when I hit Insert+F7 JAWS again said that there were no links.  The version of Windows I am using is Windows 10, and I am using the JAWS Beta version.

Rick Miller

[...]

Well, try the public release of Jaws. As  I just had an issue with the Beta and My netgear nighthawk router interface not showing most of the content but the public release did.

On 10/9/2020 8:24 PM, Rick Miller wrote:

[...]

Cynthia Bruce

I have found that I have to go into the notes in Outlook where the entire invitation appears and navigate to the link. When I do that, I then hit shift F10 to bring up the context menu and go to open the link. Often, that is the only way it will work. Hope this helps.

[...]

Jason White

Yes, this is how it works, and it has been for as long as I’ve been using Microsoft Outlook (from late 2014).