moderated I Cannot Download the New Beta Version

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Several times this morning I have tried to download the new Beta version using both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, but every time and with each browser I have been getting an error message that has been saying the file could not be downloaded because of a network issue.  This has happened only just with this file but not with anything else.

Rick Miller

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Likely, FS could be having network issues.

Wait a few hours and try again.

Richard

“Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it.” – Jane Wagner

My Web site: https://www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Miller
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2021 9:36 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: I Cannot Download the New Beta Version

Dear Listers:

Several times this morning I have tried to download the new Beta version using both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, but every time and with each browser I have been getting an error message that has been saying the file could not be downloaded because of a network issue.  This has happened only just with this file but not with anything else.

Rick Miller

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

No problem here, just tried it again a minute ago with Edge, after I press enter on the J2022.2109.27 installer the download started immediately and 5 seconds later Jaws said "Download complete".

Sent: September 16, 2021 9:36 AM

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

But wouldn’t you have to select the folder where you want it to go?

Rick Miller

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2021 10:39 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: I Cannot Download the New Beta Version

No problem here, just tried it again a minute ago with Edge, after I press enter on the J2022.2109.27 installer the download started immediately and 5 seconds later Jaws said "Download complete".

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

I just tried downloading it usEdge as my browser, and again I am getting a message saying the file couldn’t be downloaded because of a network issue.

Rick Miller

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

I prefer to send everything into the Downloads folder which is the default so I have it disabled where it asks each time where to save it.

This is currently a better choice for me because of the slightly more complicated way to get to the downloads bar where I can say if I want to save or open the item, this way anything I download goes into the downloads folder and if I want to rename it and move it to a different folder I just do it through File Explorer.

Sent: September 16, 2021 10:44 AM

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Maybe not a solution in the long run, but here is a Dropbox download link for the installer I just downloaded this morning which is the second public beta which was just released today:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/goww76obqpormct/J2022.2109.27.400-any.exe?dl=1

Sent: September 16, 2021 10:48 AM

I just tried downloading it usEdge as my browser, and again I am getting a message saying the file couldn’t be downloaded because of a network issue.

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Bill White

No, if you have it set the way Edge is set by default, the installer would go to your Downloads folder.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rick Miller
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2021 10:44 AM

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

I finally did download the new Beta folder, but it won’t install.  The first time I downloaded it I ran it, but the installation failed.  This has happened a few times before and I have heard that the first thing to do when it does is do a JAWS repair.  I downloaded the executable file for the last update of JAWS 21 and did a repair which went well.  When I discovered it had been successful I tried again to run the Beta version, but again the installation failed.  Now that I have done a repair, I can’t figure out what could be causing this failure.

Rick Miller

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2021 11:03 AM

No, if you have it set the way Edge is set by default, the installer would go to your Downloads folder.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rick Miller
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2021 10:44 AM

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Rick Miller