moderated How to record jaws activity

Abraham Sweiss

Hello All,

I am using jaws 2021 on Windows 10 and both are fully patched.

I am working with ux designers to get some sites to be not only accessible but usable.  That is they met all the requirements to have  the page accessible but when using a screen reader it is not easy to navigate.  So am working to get the pages usable.  My ask is does jaws have the function to record everything that is read out when navigating a page and saving it in a form like mp3 that I can provide to the ux developer?

Thanks, Abraham

Marten Post Uiterweer

Abraham,

Is the SpeechHistory something you can use?

Press ins-space and then h.

The SpeechHistory will hold the last 500 spoken text.
This was 50 or 100 in earlier versions of jaws.

Regards, Marten

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 08:20:22 -0500 "Abraham Sweiss" <abrahamsweiss8@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello All,

I am using jaws 2021 on Windows 10 and both are fully patched.

I am working with ux designers to get some sites to be not only accessible but usable.  That is they met all the requirements to have  the page accessible but when using a screen reader it is not easy to navigate.  So am working to get the pages usable.  My ask is does jaws have the function to record everything that is read out when navigating a page and saving it in a form like mp3 that I can provide to the ux developer?

Thanks, Abraham

Richard Turner

You can get quite a lot of what you want from the Jaws speech history.

After going through a page for a while, press insert+space, then the letter h.

What comes up will be at least the Jaws speech up to a certain point.  I do not recall how much you can gather at once, but it is quite a lot.

For example, After writing the above paragraph I brought up the jaws history and I could have copied it and your message into the clipboard.

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com