Topics

moderated How To Put Zoom Icon On Desktop

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

I know I’ve done this before, but am having a brain lapse here.

I have the Zoom app on the start menu on my Windows 10 PC, but would like an icon on my desktop as well.

I recall that the process for doing this is different in Windows 10, than it was in Windows 7.

Can someone refresh my memory as to how to do this?

I can find the program in the all apps list, but can’t figure out how to create the desktop icon.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Behler

Bill White

Hi, Tom.

1. Press Windows key plus R for Run.

2. Enter:

shell:appsfolder

3. From the resultant list of programs, choose Zoom.

4. Press Applications key or SHIFT plus F10.

5. Arrow to Create Shortcut and press ENTER.

6. If you get a prompt that says Windows Can't create a shortcut here, put it on the desktop instead, Answer Yes.

Now there will be a shortcut for zoom. It may be Start Zoom

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I know I’ve done this before, but am having a brain lapse here.

I have the Zoom app on the start menu on my Windows 10 PC, but would like an icon on my desktop as well.

I recall that the process for doing this is different in Windows 10, than it was in Windows 7.

Can someone refresh my memory as to how to do this?

I can find the program in the all apps list, but can’t figure out how to create the desktop icon.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Behler

Mario

Bill, IMHO, an easier way:

press the windows key and start typing zoom and when it is announced as Start Zoom app,
press the application key, down arrow to and spacebar on Open location,
arrow to and press the application key on Start Zoom app.
press the application key, down arrow to and enter on Send to.
down arrow to and enter on desktop shortcut.

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

I know I’ve done this before, but am having a brain lapse here.

I have the Zoom app on the start menu on my Windows 10 PC, but would
like an icon on my desktop as well.

I recall that the process for doing this is different in Windows 10,
than it was in Windows 7.

Can someone refresh my memory as to how to do this?

I can find the program in the all apps list, but can’t figure out how to
create the desktop icon.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Behler

Bill White

Hi, Mario. This worked for me with the Zoom app, but it doesn't always work,
and I wanted to give a method that always works. Not all apps offer an "Open
File Location" option.

.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 01:58 PM, Bill White wrote:
This worked for me with the Zoom app, but it doesn't always work,
Yep.  Your original method is completely independent of the app (whether desktop or store) to which you wish to place a desktop shortcut.  That's the set of steps I always give.

There is very often more than one way to do something under Windows, and on many occasions all those ways give exactly the same result, but there are also occasions where they do not.  When I know that's the case, I'll always give the instruction set that always works, even if there's an extra step or two involved.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Tom Behler

Bill:

These instructions worked.