Topics

How to make jaws read number of items

George Gray

Enter + 3 gives me the same as yours, but Enter + 8 still only gives
me the file number out of 13 when I know there are 120 files in the
Folder.

Yes, it is probably a Setting somewhere, but I have no idea as to
where to find it and have been hoping that one of the folks may know
the answer.

Thanks.

On 11/3/18, Cristóbal <cristobalmuli@...> wrote:
I’m not at my computer right now, but going off of memory, I believe this is
a setting you can tweak in the verbosity settings of Jawss. There is
beginner, intermediate and advanced… Im each one, there are a series of
checkboxes you can check or uncheck depending on the behavior you wish.

On Nov 3, 2018, at 7:19 AM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>
wrote:

George, Did you say you are using Jaws 2018?
In my 2018, jaws-key, which is really the insert key, plus numpad 3, gives
me just the total number of items in that folder. While, insert plus
numpad 8, or the tab key give me the item number and the total number of
items.
It is the same in 2019. I just checked with both versions. So, that must
be a settings issue somewhere, but I really don't know where that setting
might be.

Richard

“Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip under
pressure.” – Bruce U. Utah Phillips