Topics

moderated How to group by subject - Was: RE: in outlook 2019, how do you delete messages with one subject at once if you aren't interested in them?

Dale Heltzer

A much more efficient way to delete items not of interest is to group by subject. I had this set, but some gremlin has undone it, and I can’t get it back.

Any Outlook hot-shot wonky wizards there to help?

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 08:38 PM, Dale Heltzer wrote:
group by subject.
No snark intended, but you've given your answer, or the exact thing you need to do, which is the hard part.

ALT+V (View Ribbon), AB (arrange by), J (subject).   I can't tell you how to go back to whatever arrangement you had without knowing what that was, and you'll need to look at how you've elected to group typically before changing it to subject.  For myself, I use Date (conversations) for my default view, so substitute a D where the J is in the other command sequence to go back to that.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Dale Heltzer

Oops! I *did mean *Conversation, *not Subject.

For some reason, even with lots of noodling, I can’t get the view I had. Dern cumputers!

Adrian Spratt

I can’t remember who posted this alternative method, but it’s what I’ve been using for a while.

Press the applications key. Release.

Press f. Release.

JAWS verbalizes, “Messages in this conversation.” Press enter.

Shift-tab to land in this list of messages.

Control-a for select all.

Delete key.

To return to the original message list, press escape, then alt-tab, release, alt-tab a second time.

A little burdensome? Yes, but it becomes automatic.

Oops! I *did mean *Conversation, *not Subject.

For some reason, even with lots of noodling, I can’t get the view I had. Dern cumputers!

Cristóbal

IN Outlook 2016, with a message wit the subject line highlighted, applications key then I for ignore to delete the conversation. Also, if it’s regarding a thread via Groups.IO, there’s always the mute option if you have an account which is easy enough to create.

Control plus the delete key also works.

Cristóbal