Topics

moderated How to get to the save password dialogue in firefox

Kimber Gardner

Hi,

I've recently begun using firefox again after quite a while of using
chrome exclusively. I can't remember how to get to the dialogue that
asks if you want firefox to save your password for a particular web
site. Could someone refresh my memory?

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

That feature is on by default, and the dialog should be presented unless you've turned it off.

See the Mozilla support page:  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/password-manager-remember-delete-edit-logins#w_managing-usernames-and-passwords and head for the section on Disabling the Password Manager, where, of course, you can do the reverse to re-enable it.

        ~ Joshua Liebman

netbat66

the problem is when the dialog bops up jaws usually will not have focus to it.
and i don't know how to get to it without the mouse. i tried turning the virtual cursor off but didn't have any luck with that either.

That feature is on by default, and the dialog should be presented unless you've turned it off.

See the Mozilla support page: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/password-manager-remember-delete-edit-logins#w_managing-usernames-and-passwords and head for the section on Disabling the Password Manager, where, of course, you can do the reverse to re-enable it.

~ Joshua Liebman

Glenn / Lenny

I usually get to it by tapping the F6 key, perhaps that only stumbles into it, but eventually I land in the user name field and from there I tab to save.
I don't know if there is an easier method.
Glenn