moderated How To Adjust Windows Sounds Volume On A Windows 10 PC

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

For reasons that I don’t quite understand, the Windows Sounds volume has become quite high on one of my Windows 10 PC’s.

I thought the problem would be corrected by reducing the system volume, but that did not help.

Can someone tell me how to specifically adjust the Windows sounds folume?

Once again, I’m using the latest build of Jaws on a Windows 10 PC here.

Thanks!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Bill White

Hi, Tom. You adjust your volume for System Sounds, more or less the same way you do for the System Volume. In your System tray, you will have a button for Speaker Volume. Right click that icon.

2. Arrow down to Volume Mixer, and press ENTER.

3. Now, TAB through the volume buttons until you find System Sounds Button. Press ENTER.

4. Arrow up and down to see which way the arrows are taking the System Sounds. Adjust according to the volume you desire. I always use the semicolon key while at the desktop to get the system to make the error sound.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

For reasons that I don’t quite understand, the Windows Sounds volume has become quite high on one of my Windows 10 PC’s.

I thought the problem would be corrected by reducing the system volume, but that did not help.

Can someone tell me how to specifically adjust the Windows sounds folume?

Once again, I’m using the latest build of Jaws on a Windows 10 PC here.

Thanks!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Tom Behler

Thanks, Bill.

This is exactly what I need.

Will give it a try when I get to my other computer that has the volume issue.

Tom Behler

For reasons that I don’t quite understand, the Windows Sounds volume has become quite high on one of my Windows 10 PC’s.

I thought the problem would be corrected by reducing the system volume, but that did not help.

Can someone tell me how to specifically adjust the Windows sounds folume?

Once again, I’m using the latest build of Jaws on a Windows 10 PC here.

Thanks!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

techsavi.shankar@...

Another method:

From the run dialogue, type “sndvol” and  press enter.

On the volume mixer speakers, tab till you get the slider which says volume for system sounds, then use the page up/down to control the system sounds.

To confirm the volume of the sound, press semi colon key as bil suggested.

This email I d is used only for list subscriptions.

Thanks and regards.

Shankar.C

For offline comminucations please reach-out  on below shared details.

Mobile/whatsapp: 7795927572.

Email: shankar.c@....

Will give it a try when I get to my other computer that has the volume issue.

Tom Behler

For reasons that I don’t quite understand, the Windows Sounds volume has become quite high on one of my Windows 10 PC’s.

I thought the problem would be corrected by reducing the system volume, but that did not help.

Can someone tell me how to specifically adjust the Windows sounds folume?

Once again, I’m using the latest build of Jaws on a Windows 10 PC here.

Thanks!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Tom Behler

Thank you.

I will save this as another way to accomplish the system sounds volume adjustment.

Tom Behler

Will give it a try when I get to my other computer that has the volume issue.

Tom Behler

For reasons that I don’t quite understand, the Windows Sounds volume has become quite high on one of my Windows 10 PC’s.

I thought the problem would be corrected by reducing the system volume, but that did not help.

Can someone tell me how to specifically adjust the Windows sounds folume?

Once again, I’m using the latest build of Jaws on a Windows 10 PC here.

Thanks!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

paul lemm

Hi Tom,

Just as another solution, there is also a specific layered jaws key stroke command for this too.   So in the way you use other jaws layered key strokes, press and hold jaws key then press space, then release both keys (you’ll hear the layered jaws key stroke sound at this point), then press V (for volume), then either press J if you want to adjust jaws volume, or S if you want to adjust system volume, then simply use the up and down arrow keys to adjust the volume. As you adjust volume jaws should announce the new volume percentage. Hope this helps

Paul

For reasons that I don’t quite understand, the Windows Sounds volume has become quite high on one of my Windows 10 PC’s.

I thought the problem would be corrected by reducing the system volume, but that did not help.

Can someone tell me how to specifically adjust the Windows sounds folume?

Once again, I’m using the latest build of Jaws on a Windows 10 PC here.

Thanks!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Tom Behler

Paul:

System volume is apparently different from Windows system sounds volume.

I found this out by originally adjusting the system volume with the layered key strokes you suggest, but that did not solve my issue.

This is why I posted my quiry to the list.

I was given a solution by Bill White last night, which worked perfectly.

Thanks anyway!

Tom Behler

[...]

Hi, Paul. In this case, this doesn't help. Tom doesn't want to adjust either the System volume or JAWS volume. He wants to adjust the volume for System Sounds, which can't be reached via the INSERT plus SPACE followed by V command.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

Howard Traxler

Adjusting sound volume is a function of windows.  To open the control, do windows key plus r for the RUN dialog; then type SNDVOL and enter.  You will get a dialog that offers volume controls for all running programs.  Tab through it and adjust at will..If Will don't like it, you'll have to find a different way.

On 5/17/2022 9:01 AM, Bill White wrote:

[...]

Sorry, I didn’t realise that system sounds and windows sounds were two  different things. Pleased you managed to get it all sorted though tom using Bill’s solution.

[...]

Mike B.

Hi Bill,

Whenever I try to change my system sounds volume level it changes the overall volume level as well.  What can be causing this to happen, or what am I doing wrong?  Thanks much.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

For reasons that I don’t quite understand, the Windows Sounds volume has become quite high on one of my Windows 10 PC’s.

I thought the problem would be corrected by reducing the system volume, but that did not help.

Can someone tell me how to specifically adjust the Windows sounds folume?

Once again, I’m using the latest build of Jaws on a Windows 10 PC here.

Thanks!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Sherri

Go to “speakers/headphones” in the system tray by pressing Jaws key F11.  Press enter.  You will then hear a menu.  Arrow down once to Volume settings (I believe it’s called.”  Then start tabbing through or use the shift-tab.  You will see the different device settings and each should have a volume up, volume down and mute setting.  Exit the menu and you should be good to go.  I hope this helps.

Sherri

Whenever I try to change my system sounds volume level it changes the overall volume level as well.  What can be causing this to happen, or what am I doing wrong?  Thanks much.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

For reasons that I don’t quite understand, the Windows Sounds volume has become quite high on one of my Windows 10 PC’s.

I thought the problem would be corrected by reducing the system volume, but that did not help.

Can someone tell me how to specifically adjust the Windows sounds folume?

Once again, I’m using the latest build of Jaws on a Windows 10 PC here.

Thanks!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Bill White

Hi, Mike. I'm not sure why your System Sounds volume is changing your over-all speaker bolume. I'll have to experiment and see if it does the same for me.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Whenever I try to change my system sounds volume level it changes the overall volume level as well.  What can be causing this to happen, or what am I doing wrong?  Thanks much.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

For reasons that I don’t quite understand, the Windows Sounds volume has become quite high on one of my Windows 10 PC’s.

I thought the problem would be corrected by reducing the system volume, but that did not help.

Can someone tell me how to specifically adjust the Windows sounds folume?

Once again, I’m using the latest build of Jaws on a Windows 10 PC here.

Thanks!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Mike B.

Hi Sherry,

This is what I do, but Bill pointed out something to me privately and I think you're trying to say it here as well.
 After makeing a volume setting adjustment to a particular device in the volume mixer you're supposed to close the volume mixer without any other navigation.

Before I would tab to another setting without closing and that's why my volume adjustments for the individual devices were not sticking.

So the lesson I learned  is that if you want to change the volume on more than 1 device in the volume mixer you need to close the volume mixer after each device setting adjustment.  Thankyou Sherry and Bill for getting me on the right track.