Topics

how do you get jaws to read titles of songs from a CD you just downloaded from YouTube?

Jim Rawls

Hi all, I am running jaws 2020 on a windows ten computer. The Cd I downloaded is intitled benny goodman's greatest hits. Gut when I go to listen to it, it doesn't read any titles of the songs. I know they are there, because my wife who is sighted can see the titles. So, how can I get jaws to read them? Jim

Milton Ota

Hi,

What media player are you using? iTunes, Windows Media, or VLC Media Player?

It helps if you tell the list.

Hi all, I am running jaws 2020 on a windows ten computer. The Cd I downloaded is intitled benny goodman's greatest hits. Gut when I go to listen to it, it doesn't read any titles of the songs. I know they are there, because my wife who is sighted can see the titles. So, how can I get jaws to read them? Jim

Mario

how are the songs being played?

Hi all, I am running jaws 2020 on a windows ten computer. The Cd I
downloaded is intitled benny goodman's greatest hits. Gut when I go to
listen to it, it doesn't read any titles of the songs. I know they are
there, because my wife who is sighted can see the titles. So, how can I
get jaws to read them? Jim

I doubt that you can, unless there's some new feature that allows JAWS to run OCR on video.

You say that this material is downloaded from YouTube, which pretty much means that what you're dealing with is video (with, of course, the audio).  There is a lot of material that's put on YouTube with static, or "per song" changing, video.  When it's the latter, that title is part of the image being used, at least in the majority of cases.

Can JAWS even read subtitles?  If so, then if the titles were implemented as subtitles you'd have a chance, but I've never seen a screen reader read subtitles on the fly.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Adrian Spratt

I haven’t done this in a long time, but one way that used to work for me was to go into Windows Explorer, locate the drive letter for the CD player, and then arrow down through the files list. I’m sorry if this is vague or even inaccurate, but it might give you a push in the right direction.

Hi all, I am running jaws 2020 on a windows ten computer. The Cd I downloaded is intitled benny goodman's greatest hits. Gut when I go to listen to it, it doesn't read any titles of the songs. I know they are there, because my wife who is sighted can see the titles. So, how can I get jaws to read them? Jim

Jim Rawls

I am using win amp.