Topics

moderated How Do I Get to List View?

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

I am using Outlook 2010, Windows 2010 and the latest version of JAWS.

When I am in  the calendar and just want to view a list of appointments, how do I find the List view?  I know you have to start by getting into the View menu and then hitting the Enter key on the “Change View,” option, but after that I am lost.

Rick Miller

Rick,

           I no longer have Outlook 2010, but I don't think this has changed in a very long while.  In Outlook 2016, when you're looking at Calendar, the following shortcuts can be used to change the presentation of the calendar:

Ctrl+Alt+1  Day View

Ctrl+Alt+2  Work Week View

Ctrl+Alt+3   Week View

Ctrl+Alt+4  Month View

Ctrl+Alt+5  Schedule View

It may be Schedule view that you're looking for, or maybe not.  But it's worth a quick try, anyway.

Day View (Ctrl+Alt+1) shows a single day as a list of appointments.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Rick Miller

No, it is a List View.

Rick Miller

           I no longer have Outlook 2010, but I don't think this has changed in a very long while.  In Outlook 2016, when you're looking at Calendar, the following shortcuts can be used to change the presentation of the calendar:

Ctrl+Alt+1  Day View

Ctrl+Alt+2  Work Week View

Ctrl+Alt+3   Week View

Ctrl+Alt+4  Month View

Ctrl+Alt+5  Schedule View

It may be Schedule view that you're looking for, or maybe not.  But it's worth a quick try, anyway.

Day View (Ctrl+Alt+1) shows a single day as a list of appointments.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 08:12 PM, Rick Miller wrote:
No, it is a List View.
OK.  Then once Calendar is open, try ALT+V,CV  (View Ribbon, Change view).  In Outlook 2016 the Calendar, Preview, List, and Active choices can then be reached via right arrowing (Calendar being the default).

But even if it's done otherwise, it's likely to be after ALT+V,CV, you'll have to noodle around to find it if right arrowing doesn't work under 2010.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Rick Miller

I’ve done all that, but nothing seems to be working.

Rick Miller

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 09:55 PM, Rick Miller wrote:
but nothing seems to be working.
Since you can avail yourself of the service, I'd call the Microsoft Windows & Office Accessibility Support folks on (800) 936-5900.  That's what they're there for.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Pastor Gilbert Pries

Hi Brian,

Thank you for all the helpp you give to people.

Pastor Gil

           I no longer have Outlook 2010, but I don't think this has changed in a very long while.  In Outlook 2016, when you're looking at Calendar, the following shortcuts can be used to change the presentation of the calendar:

Ctrl+Alt+1  Day View

Ctrl+Alt+2  Work Week View

Ctrl+Alt+3   Week View

Ctrl+Alt+4  Month View

Ctrl+Alt+5  Schedule View

It may be Schedule view that you're looking for, or maybe not.  But it's worth a quick try, anyway.

Day View (Ctrl+Alt+1) shows a single day as a list of appointments.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Rick Miller

Maybe I’d better go into more detail as to what I am trying to do.  I thought that I had indicated on my Outlook calendar the time of a social that happens every Friday in this home.  I am trying to find out if I did and if so, when.  I remember that in Outlook 2007 it used to be real easy.  You’d get into the View Menu and then hit the Enter key on the Change View link.  Then you would just arrow down to where it said “List,” and hit the enter key.  Then all your appointments would appear as a list view rather than as a calendar view.  If you wanted to go back to a calendar view again you would just get into the View Menu and hit the enter key where it said “Change view,” then arrowed  from the List View to the Calendar view and then hit the Enter key and there you would be right back in your calendar view again.

Rick Miller

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 09:55 PM, Rick Miller wrote:

but nothing seems to be working.

Since you can avail yourself of the service, I'd call the Microsoft Windows & Office Accessibility Support folks on (800) 936-5900.  That's what they're there for.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Rick,

            It's not much different through all the versions of Outlook.  I suspect something is wrong with yours.  But I stand by my last advice.  You have the option to go to Microsoft, at no cost, and have them look at the situation.  I'd suggest you do that.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss