Topics

moderated How do I force OneDrive to download a file?

Jessica D

Hi,

I’m trying to download a file that I  stored in OneDrive.

A friend sent it to me, and I want to copy it to my SD card for playback on my Victor reader trek.

However, no matter what I do, the file says its, “available when online.”

Can anyone tell me how to  force OneDrive to download it?

Thanks,

Jessica

Jessica Dail

Richard Turner

Did you try just copying it and pasting. My oneDrive automatically downloads files when I open them, but I can also just copy them to another place.
?
?

Richard

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Dec 22, 2020, at 7:23 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,

I’m trying to download a file that I  stored in OneDrive.

A friend sent it to me, and I want to copy it to my SD card for playback on my Victor reader trek.

However, no matter what I do, the file says its, “available when online.”

Can anyone tell me how to  force OneDrive to download it?

Thanks,

Jessica

Jessica Dail

Jessica D

Hi,Yes, and when I did, it said, "1 interrupted action" then basically failed.  It says, "1" as the status for every file in my documents folder of my oneDrive.

On Dec 22, 2020, at 10:31 PM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

 Did you try just copying it and pasting. My oneDrive automatically downloads files when I open them, but I can also just copy them to another place.
?
?

Richard

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Dec 22, 2020, at 7:23 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,

I’m trying to download a file that I  stored in OneDrive.

A friend sent it to me, and I want to copy it to my SD card for playback on my Victor reader trek.

However, no matter what I do, the file says its, “available when online.”

Can anyone tell me how to  force OneDrive to download it?

Thanks,

Jessica

Jessica Dail

Richard Turner

 Perhaps you need to call Microsoft Accessibility support: 800-936-5900

Richard

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Dec 22, 2020, at 8:21 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi,I figured it out. I just had to let it do its thing.  I also tried to enable windows backup, but apparently its not very accessible with jaws or narrator.  They both told me "setting up" then had a button that was greyed out.   Is anyone on here, familiar with that feature?

On Dec 22, 2020, at 11:52 PM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

[...]

David Griffith

I am not sure if this whole issue has been resolved as I am late to the thread but if people want to know  how to force OneDrive to download a file they simply have to press the application key and select always keep on this device.

If you want to do the opposite and force a file into online status only then  just  hit the next option on the application menu which will be free up space.

David g.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10