Topics

moderated how do i do a jaws repair?

Jim Rawls

Hi all, I am getting a message, every time  I boot up my computer, which says, jaws display drive is  not installed properly. Do a repair of jaws. So how do I do that? Jim

Jessica D

Hi,
1. go to your downloads folder, and find the installer.
2. press enter to open it, and tab until jaws says, "repair"
next, press enter and let the process, which shouldn't take long, complete itself.

Thanks,
Jessica

On Jan 7, 2020, at 8:42 PM, Jim Rawls <jazzpiano@...> wrote:

Hi all, I am getting a message, every time  I boot up my computer, which says, jaws display drive is  not installed properly. Do a repair of jaws. So how do I do that? Jim

Mike B

Hi Jim,

What version of Jaws do you have installed?  Let me know the exact version & build and I'll send you a download link for your version / build.  After you get the installer downloaded, highlight the installer and press enter.  A dialogue will come up and you either arrow or tab to the, Repair button, and press enter.  The repair will start and should only take a minute or 3.

Hi all, I am getting a message, every time  I boot up my computer, which says, jaws display drive is  not installed properly. Do a repair of jaws. So how do I do that? Jim

NFB Lab 4

Hi Jim,
I had a student that had that issue even after doing a repair multiple times. If you’re still having trouble, let us know and I will walk you through the steps on how to fix it.