moderated How do I disable JAWS 2021 auto start reading messages when I open them in Outlook 365?

Kevin Minor

Hi.

I looked in JAWS commands for this, but all I’m finding is for web pages and PDF documents. This doesn’t work with email.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kevin and Jilly

Richard Turner

I unchecked the documents and web pages read automatically under the web/html/pdf  section under reading and it works fine.

This assumes your email messages are in html format.

But, if not, they would be treated as documents, so it should apply there as well.

I am not finding a specific setting just for email.

Someone more knowledgeable than me; of whom there are tons, may know something else.

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com