moderated hovering over item on dashboard

kevin meyers

Hello, and route PC to Jaws. I even made sure jaws key and z was on. No matter what I couldn’t get the options under the item on the dashboard to show up. I went to the sites accessibility page and selected visually impaired. Couldn’t tell if it was selected. Went back to the page and everything is the same. Is there a way I can get Jaws to recognize the options below a item on the dashboard?

Cheers,

Kevin

I’m using the most recent versions of Jaws2021, Windows10 and Chrome. I’m on a site where I wanted to access a option. It is on the dashboard.  I was told by help on the site to move my cursor and hover the item. I do and there no options that show up. I’m guessing they are in a drop down box Jaws doesn’t recognize. I tried using the Jaws cursor, route Jaws to PC

Can you supply the site URL?

Dashboard is a very generic term that means different things depending on the website or other context.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer

kevin meyers

The site is myheritage.com. I’m thinking it is the dashboard and I’m not 100% sure. I wanted to print the family tree and was told to go to family tree. Not the family tree menu. Then select the more option. I could never get the more to show up.

Thanks,

Kevin

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2021 1:05 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: hovering over item on dashboard

Can you supply the site URL?

Dashboard is a very generic term that means different things depending on the website or other context.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer

Steve Nutt

Hi Kevin,

Go to the closed dashboard link you want to hover over, then press Insert+Control+Enter.

JAWS should announce that changes occurred from a line number, then you can down arrow and read the items.

All the best

Steve

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: 21 August 2021 19:02
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: hovering over item on dashboard

Hello, and route PC to Jaws. I even made sure jaws key and z was on. No matter what I couldn’t get the options under the item on the dashboard to show up. I went to the sites accessibility page and selected visually impaired. Couldn’t tell if it was selected. Went back to the page and everything is the same. Is there a way I can get Jaws to recognize the options below a item on the dashboard?

Cheers,

Kevin

I’m using the most recent versions of Jaws2021, Windows10 and Chrome. I’m on a site where I wanted to access a option. It is on the dashboard.  I was told by help on the site to move my cursor and hover the item. I do and there no options that show up. I’m guessing they are in a drop down box Jaws doesn’t recognize. I tried using the Jaws cursor, route Jaws to PC