From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of goodwitch
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 7:19 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Hourly rate for JAWS scripting

I want to know what people usually charge per hour to write JAWS scripts.  I know what the big a11y firms charge (tends to be over $150 per hour).  I'm also seeing $150 an hour listed as the rate for the California Governments Department of Rehabilitation https://www.dor.ca.gov/Cal-atsd/Service/Details?id=206

What do y'all think the hourly rate for JAWS scripting is?

Thanks so much,
Glenda the Goodwitch

Brian K. Lingard

Dear Glenda & List:

If you are scripting for the California Dept. of Rehabilitation, I guess you charge $150/Hour for scripting, if working for a client with a big firm, whatever they will pay.

Why should you work for less than the maximum they will pay?

JAWS scripting seems to pay well. Cash in!

Brian K. Lingard

You would have to ask different scripters as to what they charge.