From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. via Jfw
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2015 8:03 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Cc: Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.
Subject: RE: HJPad

I give up. Where is it in Windows 7? I can't find it. Keith

[...]

Tom Behler

And, how exactly do you get to HJ pad?

Thanks again to everyone for your patience.

I'll definitely check it out.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

[...]

In windows7 press the Windows key to bring up the start menu.

Arrow up to All Programs & open.

Use first letter navigation to find the version you're using. For example;
press the letter, J, until you have Jaws 15 or 16 highlighted or, whatever
version of Jaws you happen to be using.

With the Jaws version of choice highligheted press enter or right arrow.

Arrow up to, Run HJ Pad, & press enter to open. You can also open the
context menu while on Run HJ Pad with the applications key or Shift + F10.
Go to, Send To, press enter, arrow down to, Desktop create shortcut, & press
enter to make opening HJ Pad more accessible from the desktop.
[...]

Chris:

This helps a lot.

Thanks much for taking the time to reply to my quiry.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

[...]

Thanks, Michael.

I now have run HJ pad on my desktop and in my start menu.

Will give it a try when I get the chance here.

Dr. Tom Behler

[...]

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Is it FS, or is it the way 8.X stores files?

Ted

Why on earth would Freedom Scientific want to hide all those programs in such a ridiculous manner?
Why not name that folder something more meaningful such as ... I don't know.
Let's have a contest to come up with a more meaningful folder name and suggest it to FS?

On 5/11/2015 4:52 PM, Londa Peterson via Jfw wrote:
[...]

scrubbed...

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1@ct.metrocast.net

Blaise Pascal

Maria Campbell

The point is that no one even knows that folder exists nor the programs in it until an extensive exploration.

On 5/13/2015 10:08 AM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) via Jfw wrote:
[...]

Londa Peterson

I saw some other programs that were handled in a similar way, so I think
it's a Windows 8 issue rather than a FS issue.

[...]

It's that, but FS also conceived of it as a training tool. Some JAWS training exercises are built around it.

Ted

[...]

I suppose it is. But really eight appears to be quite a dud, which is why Microsoft is reverting back to the 7-style start menu and such in W 10.

On 5/13/2015 1:19 PM, Gennie Eachus via Jfw wrote:
According to F.S. it is the way eight does things. Had to call them to learn
how to find hjpad.

[...]

Thanks for the clarification on H J pad, Ted.

I'm going to play around with it here with I get the time, to see how it
might be used in my current situation.

Dr. Tom Behler

[...]

Michal Nowicki <mnowicki4@...>

Dear All,

Here's my take on HJPad: If you have any version of Microsoft Word, there's
no need to use HJPad at all, unless you really want a word processor with
standard menus that has a spell checker. If you do choose to use HJPad,
however, it probably won't help you at work or school because of the lack of
advanced features like tables, footnotes and endnotes, comments and track
changes, etc.

Michal