From: Amir Shah [mailto:4amir.shah@gmail.com]
To: <jfw@groups.io>
Date: Friday, March 12, 2021, 3:07 PM
Subject: help changing my password
hi my name is amir shah, can somebody help refreshing my memory how do I
change the password on the computer with jaws 2021 thanks.

Amir Shah

I do not know why I think it’s windows 10

On Mar 12, 2021, at 12:47 PM, Mario <mrb620@hotmail.com> wrote:

are you using Windows 10 or 7?

hi my name is amir shah, can somebody help refreshing my memory how do I
change the password on the computer with jaws 2021 thanks.

There is no way to answer this question without knowing whether you are on a version of Windows earlier than Windows 10 and, if you happen to be on Windows 10, whether you're using a local Win10 user account versus a Microsoft Account linked Win10 User Account.

Hit the Windows Key, immediately type winver, then hit enter.  Report back on what this tells you about what version of Windows you're currently using.

To think is to differ.
      ~ Clarence Darrow

I noticed on the split topic you created that you did mention that you're using Windows 10.

If you are using a Local Windows 10 User Account, then:
--------------------

Reset your Windows 10 local account password

  1.

  2.
  3.
  4.
  • Use the following instructions to reset your local account password. Your local account signs you in on your device offline, but it doesn't link to your other devices. For a more complete experience, we recommend you sign in with a Microsoft account to access services like Outlook, Skype, and OneDrive on any of your devices. If you forgot your Windows 10 password, the easiest way to get back into your account is to reset the password for your Microsoft account
  • Reset local account password for Windows 10, version 1803 and beyond
  • If you added security questions when you set up your local account for Windows 10, then you have at least version 1803 and you can answer security questions to sign back in.
  • After you've entered an incorrect password:
    1
    Select the Reset password link on the sign-in screen. If you use a PIN instead, see PIN sign-in issues. If you're using a work device that's on a network, you may not see an option to reset your password or PIN. In that case, contact your administrator.
    2
    Answer your security questions.
    3
    Enter a new password.
    4
    Sign in as usual with the new password.
--------------------

I you are using a Microsoft Account Linked Windows 10 User Account the easiest thing to do is open Settings, Accounts, and in the Your info pane activate the Manage my Microsoft Account link and go through the password reset procedure once you're logged in to your Microsoft Account.  The change propagates down to your Windows 10 User Account after it's reset there.

To think is to differ.
      ~ Clarence Darrow

Kenny Nikolausson

Press ctrl+alt+Del and then press tab until you see a button called change password and then follow the instructions.
Good luck
Regards Kenny

I do not know why I think it’s windows 10
> On Mar 12, 2021, at 12:47 PM, Mario <mrb620@...> wrote:
>
> are you using Windows 10 or 7?

Mario

Brian, I don't know if I'm missing something, but the first set of 4 steps you provided below seem to be missing?

<https://support.microsoft.com/help/4026971>.
*
<https://support.microsoft.com/help/4026196>. If you're using a work

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 12:15 PM, Mario wrote:
Brian, I don't know if I'm missing something, but the first set of 4 steps you provided below seem to be missing?
-
You're not.  The paste into Groups.io looked perfect, but once it went through the posting process it was hosed.

See:

Change or reset your Windows password

That page opens with Windows 10 as the default, but there are options to switch to Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 on the page as well.

To think is to differ.
      ~ Clarence Darrow