Topics

moderated Help, can't pair braillenote Touch+ with jaws 2020

Jessica D

HI have a braillenote touch+, and a windows pc running windows 10 and jaws 2020.

I’ve managed to pair the braillenote to the computer but when I attempt to connect it to jaws, my display says, “you can now pair your Braillenote touch with a host device. When the pairing is complete, turn your screen reader on and connect to the Braillenote using the Brailliant Bluetooth name.”

Nothing happens after that.

When I try to tell jaws which display to use, I’m told, “no active display, then it also states that my touch+ is the default, but I never see what jaws is saying on my display.

Can anyone help?

I apologize for cross-posting, as well as the lengthy explanation, but I figured the more info I provided, the better someone might be able to assist me.

I’m half tempted to uninstall and reinstall jaws, but want to see if there are any other solutions first.

Thanks,

Jessica

Richard Turner

Are you connecting over bluetooth?
Windows is notoriously bad with bluetooth.
Was there a driver that you installed for the Touch?
Did you try rebooting while the Touch is connected via USB?

Richard

On Jan 18, 2020, at 3:12 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

[...]

I don’t know if there’s a driver, but I do know that I don’t want to use USB, because that would charge the unit, and the battery isn’t low.

What else can I try?

Thanks,

Jessica

[...]

Mike Fulton <mikefulton95@...>

Hi,
Is the communication port set to bluetooth In the jaws settings? To check:
  1.  Go to jaws, options, braille
  2. 2. Choose your braille note and go to modify
  3. 3. Ensure bluetooth is chosen as the communication port
Also try restarting jaws.

Mike

[...]

You may want to call Humanware support.

Richard