Topics

moderated HeidiSQL

HH. Smith Jr.

Hello Fellow Listers,

Sometime between Summer of this year and Winter 2021, I have to take a course using databases. The primary software(s) that is required to be used is Maria DB and HeidiSQL. Has anyone had any experience with either one or both? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

Scott Wheat

Hello,

Maria DB works just fine if you use the mysql command line interface.

HeidiSQL is a GUI front end / work bench and so far I have not had any success using it with JAWS.

I don’t know everything that can be done with HeidiSQL, but you should be able to do everything from the command line, but it is more typing  as you have to write everything rather than pointing and clicking and having the tool help you write queries, create tables etc.

Good luck!

Scott