moderated Hearing the word suggestions as I type e-mails

Michael Massey

Hi.  I am using office 365 and use Outlook 365 as my e-mail client.  I am running the latest version of Jaws under the latest version of Windows 10 pro edition.  While I am typing this e-mail, the word suggestion keeps coming up which is distracting and annoying.  How do I turn this feature off?  Thanks.

Curtis Chong

Hello Michael:

Where, in Outlook, are you being bugged by the suggestions? When writing in the body of the email or in one of the to or copy fields?

With best regards,

Curtis Chong

Hi.  I am using office 365 and use Outlook 365 as my e-mail client.  I am running the latest version of Jaws under the latest version of Windows 10 pro edition.  While I am typing this e-mail, the word suggestion keeps coming up which is distracting and annoying.  How do I turn this feature off?  Thanks.

Michael Massey

I am hearing the word suggestion while in the body of the e-mail.

Where, in Outlook, are you being bugged by the suggestions? When writing in the body of the email or in one of the to or copy fields?

With best regards,

Curtis Chong

Hi.  I am using office 365 and use Outlook 365 as my e-mail client.  I am running the latest version of Jaws under the latest version of Windows 10 pro edition.  While I am typing this e-mail, the word suggestion keeps coming up which is distracting and annoying.  How do I turn this feature off?  Thanks.

Kevin Minor

Hi Curtis.

I think I’m running into the same problem. For me, it’s in the message body. If I’m not typing as fast as I can, I hear the suggestion, and hit TAB to accept it if it’s what I want. Most of the time, I’ve already started typing, and I miss the suggestion, so I’d also like it gone as well.

Kevin, Valerie and Jilly

Where, in Outlook, are you being bugged by the suggestions? When writing in the body of the email or in one of the to or copy fields?

With best regards,

Curtis Chong

Hi.  I am using office 365 and use Outlook 365 as my e-mail client.  I am running the latest version of Jaws under the latest version of Windows 10 pro edition.  While I am typing this e-mail, the word suggestion keeps coming up which is distracting and annoying.  How do I turn this feature off?  Thanks.

Hi,

Although I don’t have specific solutions, I know exactly what’s up – see the next post for details.

I am hearing the word suggestion while in the body of the e-mail.

Where, in Outlook, are you being bugged by the suggestions? When writing in the body of the email or in one of the to or copy fields?

With best regards,

Curtis Chong

Hi.  I am using office 365 and use Outlook 365 as my e-mail client.  I am running the latest version of Jaws under the latest version of Windows 10 pro edition.  While I am typing this e-mail, the word suggestion keeps coming up which is distracting and annoying.  How do I turn this feature off?  Thanks.

Hi,

This is caused by Outlook’s attempt to guess what you are about to type. The text is part of a UIA notification event. Although I don’t have specific solutions for Outlook, but at least from JAWS side, try turning off “accessible event notification” (found in settings Center).

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

Hi.  I am trying to get to the settings center in Jaws, but I am pressing the incorrect keystroke.  I was sure I remembered the keystroke, but I guess I have forgotten it.  Thanks.

[...]

That will be JAWS Key+number row 6.

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

Go into JAWS Settings Center by pressing Insert with 6 on the number row. Press Control Shift d to go into default settings. Now type “accessible event” without the quotes. Arrow down until you hear enable accesible event notifications. Press space to uncheck this. Shift tab to and press OK.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

I am hearing the word suggestion while in the body of the e-mail.

Where, in Outlook, are you being bugged by the suggestions? When writing in the body of the email or in one of the to or copy fields?

With best regards,

Curtis Chong

Hi.  I am using office 365 and use Outlook 365 as my e-mail client.  I am running the latest version of Jaws under the latest version of Windows 10 pro edition.  While I am typing this e-mail, the word suggestion keeps coming up which is distracting and annoying.  How do I turn this feature off?  Thanks.

Curtis Chong

It is insert with 6 on the number row.

[...]

Mike B.

Hola Michael,

The most common keystroke to access the Settings Center is, Insert + 6, on the number row, but another way to get to the Settings Center is by pressing, Insert + F2, to open the Jaws Manager, and navigate to Settings Center and press enter.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2021 10:28 AM

[...]

INSERT may not work on a laptop. In that case, try CAPS LOCK instead.

Kevin, Valerie and Jilly

Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2021 10:28 AM